Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw that Lexus finally put the 2013 online. We are getting closer. But when to build your own, it still prices 2012s.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the same thing about the seats. It looks as if they just raised the price of the standard model.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
391 Posts
Heated seats not standard?
Heated seats were not standard really. One had to get the premium upgrade.

2012 base was $29120, premium $31750 = $2640 more, Premium included heated seats and moonroof.

2013 base is $31850, premium $33575 = $1725 more, Premium ($1125) requires the heated seats & 4 way power passenger seat option ($600)

2013 Base increase $2730. Now moonroof is standard. :O

2013 Premium increase $1825. Addition would be the 4 way passenger seat. (not sure yet if other things added)

The BIG difference is that the Base now includes a moonroof... very interesting! Not a good deal for those people wanting more of a budget CT. Not sure if there are other things added to the basic now.. need to look it over closer..

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah, what is Lexus thinking, the price of entry jumped considerably in one year, $2,640 is a hugh increase for the extra moonroof. I would prefer without it to get the extra head room, albeit small. I already thought that the current price was a little steep for what you get in performance. If Lexus's original strategy was to attract potential new customer's this doesn't help. There are a lot more hybrids to choose from and more on the way. Those thinking of getting a CT should snatch a '12 of you want to save some green.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think Lexus may be trying to move up the $30K+ range. The reason could be that when you are under 30K, all the car websites or reviews will try to compare you to all the cars in the $20k to $30k range. Just about all the 5 doors hatch backs are in that range and on paper, the CT does not compare too well being the most expansive and probably the slowest. Now when you go up to the low 30K, the CT doesn't really have too many peers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
what a scam. shame on you lexus for increasing the price of the car by 10%. for what? a silly moonroof that not everyone wants?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Unless, of course, Lexus have the sales figures and know what most people are ordering.
Yes they do have the sales figures but I don't think it really has to do with what people ordered. It is more what the dealers ordered for the lot. Personally I like moonroof, but I have some coworkers (who are very tall) don't like them. But they are also not the ones who will "special order" a car without moonroof. They would go look for one, and if they don't see it, they will just settle and pay more for something they don't want. It is a win-win for dealers and Lexus. Most luxury cars got moonroof now. It will harder and harder to find one without.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts