Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the news article on insideline.com saying.. 2013 Ct200h got price hike of $2930

"Options can rapidly escalate the price, with the availability of a $6,770 navigation package and a $3,405 leather package."

2013 Lexus CT 200h Gets $2,930 Price Increase

Too much price hike for 2013 model. Good for 2011 & 2012 model for resale value though.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree and don't think resale value is very good on these cars. Is went to trade out of my 2012 FSport and am only getting offered around $29,000. Some quotes were as low as $27,000. Quick depreciation for a msrp of over $38,000.

My Dad's Prius has held its value much better.

Sadly it did not. Resale is still the same.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree and don't think resale value is very good on these cars. Is went to trade out of my 2012 FSport and am only getting offered around $29,000. Some quotes were as low as $27,000. Quick depreciation for a msrp of over $38,000.
Impossible to say at only 1 year. Resale value is generally calculated at 36 mo. (how many people really trade in a car after 1 year?) You'll always see the most depreciation in that first year. It also seems possible that you paid a premium rather than an average price for your car. If your msrp was $38k you were over $40k out the door, unless you got every option thats fairly high. Also f-sports may not be the most desirable (simply meaning they may not appeal to the widest audience) and meaning a dealer may have to hang on to the car longer to find the right buyer so he'll give less for it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
In Australia, 2013 CT brings with it a stereo upgrade to Mark Levinson, digital radio, improved map graphics with traffic alerts, electric passenger seat, Bluetooth streaming and revised shock absorbers for a 'more comfortable and compliant ride' finally. All at no extra cost although the loaded top of the range CT is still 63,000 US. Not quite a bargain in this country.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That article left out something important and I'm surprised nobody here has mentioned it. It's not really a $2930 price hike; they got rid of the base model and now the premium is the base model, so if you want a new CT, you are forced to get it with a moonroof.

The heated seats that came with the premium aren't standard like they were before. If you want those, the package is $600, so if anything, that's the price bump.

Sure you could say that if you want a new CT, your lowest option is now ~$2900 more, but that's leaving something out if you want to give a fair comparison.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts