Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! I'm seriously considering a 2013 CT200h. It will be my 1st hybrid car. I'm finding it difficult to find a car with the specific options I want. 1st, I'm told that the F sport packages are almost never delivered to the dealers and that I would have to hunt for one myself somewhere else in the country. Second, I was also told that getting a car with Dynamic Cruise Control would be a special order and would take 4-5 months to be delivered from the factory.

Is any of this true? Are some of the options listed on the web site just not realistically available in a major market like the NYC Metro area?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just purchased a 2013 CT last week. We had the dealer search for an F-Sport version. The closest he could come was a regular model with F-Sport wheels. Maybe other parts of the country are different but in the Midwest where I am the F-Sport is rare.

Not sure about Dynamic Cruise. My dealer only had 2 CT's on the lot so we had him search his local trade dealers (dealers within 500 miles) and of the 10-12 he found I don't remember seeing Dynamic Cruise as an option.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2012 with the Dynamic Cruise (PCS), it took 3 months to find one. I had dealers looking all over the west coast.

Lexus builds very few with this feature. HOWEVER, it is 100% worth it! it's one of the best features in my CT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I love this feature in my Edge and would like to have it in the C200h. Does the standard C200h come with ANY sort of cruise control?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Now I'm finding that the color & interior choice selection is really limited. I'm looking for:

(1) Fire Agate w/Ecru Interior OR Water grey leather (Ecru preferred)

(2) Nebula Gray w/Water grey leather interior OR Ecru interior (Water grey preferred)

I'm thinking that I might just have to look for other cars (since Lexus doesn't appear to provide dealers with a lot of choice OR special order and wait for months... I was hoping to have C200h in time for two big road trips this summer. :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fire Agate will be a tough fine. it is #1 top selling color. its even rare just to fine one, let alone with the options you want. if you want all that, your best bet will be order one.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanks! Now I'm finding that the color & interior choice selection is really limited. I'm looking for:

(1) Fire Agate w/Ecru Interior OR Water grey leather (Ecru preferred)

(2) Nebula Gray w/Water grey leather interior OR Ecru interior (Water grey preferred)

I'm thinking that I might just have to look for other cars (since Lexus doesn't appear to provide dealers with a lot of choice OR special order and wait for months... I was hoping to have C200h in time for two big road trips this summer. :(
Don't know where you live since it not on the profile. If you go to Cars Dot Com and fill the info for lexus, ct200h then input the zip 92025. It will com up with 4 fire agate in Carlsbad Ca Lexus. Will not have everything but there is your 2013 Fire Agate. Can have one shipped to your dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info! I live in New Jersey (exit 10, to pre-empt the inevitable question :) ) The Cars.com site lists a bunch of cars in the exterior color, but none with the combination of exterior and interior colors that I want. According to the dealers that I'm working with I'm learning that Lexus will let you configure anything you want on the website, but they aren't buidling but a few select combinations. Basically if I want fire agate, I'm getting black or caramel interiors. If I want Nebula Gray, I'm getting black interior... So I'm going to hold onto my $$ right now and see if something changes over the next few months. In the meantime, I'm going shopping for other hybrids...

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had to wait 4 months for an F Sport in Ultra White.... lol I don't see that many around. I put a down payment on labor day weekend 2012 and didn't pick up my car until Jan 12, 2013. I picked it up in NJ and somehow it got shipped from somewhere in the south over 100 miles away...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got my 13 F sport Ultra White 4 days ago and I'm so happy with it, I live in Canada,
Options for ct200h is cominbed, seems like there arent stand alone options like in the states.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks for the info! I live in New Jersey (exit 10, to pre-empt the inevitable question :) ) The Cars.com site lists a bunch of cars in the exterior color, but none with the combination of exterior and interior colors that I want. According to the dealers that I'm working with I'm learning that Lexus will let you configure anything you want on the website, but they aren't buidling but a few select combinations. Basically if I want fire agate, I'm getting black or caramel interiors. If I want Nebula Gray, I'm getting black interior... So I'm going to hold onto my $$ right now and see if something changes over the next few months. In the meantime, I'm going shopping for other hybrids...
Hey I'm from jersey also! Where were you thinking of getting the CT from? when you say exit 10... do u mean of gsp or like turnpike lol? I'm in Central NJ. Lemme know if you need help choosing a dealer. I got mine from lexus of englewood, they were legit. I can refer you to a salesman also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My dealers played a big "well, how about this option/color/feature combo" game as well. I live in the la area and farmed out my EXACT specs to all the dealers around. I was firm I wanted the car but only with those features. No one having what i wanted suddenly turned in to several being able to get what i wanted when pressed. The dealer most definitely can request the desired car from Lexus.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts