Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a tear in my lid, as well as the foam padding's all mooshed from 'resting' my elbow there. So I figured "I can do that!" I got the part...and that's where I'm stalled. Has anyone replaced the lid on their own before? Google has pages for other Lexii, but not the CT, and they're not close-enough.

I searched through these forums, but even the word "lid" didn't bring up anything pertinent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For anyone searching, I fixed the lid. Here's how...

1. Open console, remove 4 bolts at the bottom under the material. 10mm I believe.
2. From the back seat, Remove trim cover from the back of the console with panel tool. 6 clips
3. Remove 4 Phillips head screws holding the lid bracket to the console.
4. Gently slide braket and lid out of the console.
5. Remove 2 screws from bottom of lid by the latch assembly.
6. Using pry tool, release 6 clips on the top of the console cover. There are another 4 internally that are hard to reach, do not force anything, work them loose.
7. Remove 4 screws holding bracket to the top on the console cover.
8. Glue broken pieces back in place. Be patient, this will take some time to fit back together. I just used the super glue because I added material to increase rigidity later.
9. Screw bracket piece back on.
10.. You can add material to increase rigidity. If using spray foam be careful to not over do it. Don't get close to the sides. And leave room for the latch assembly. You will also need to snap the cover back on before the foam cures so the tabs can lock in place.
11. Screw everything back together in reverse order. And test before putting trim cover back on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts