Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to Sam and Eric at Beat Sonic for their patience with me. They were very friendly and answered all my questions. And yes, you need everything listed below to make this all work.

Here is the stuff you need:
Beat-Sonic
NDS6223EP Navigation and DVD Control Bypass Module
AVC38 AUX Input Cable
IF16STA HDMI to RCA Converter
PC2 RCA Male-to-Male Adapter
HDA3 HDMI Male to Male Adapter

Amazon
MD826ZM/A Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Amazon.com: Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter for Select iPhone,iPad and iPod Models (MD826ZM/A): Electronics

Lighting to USB Power Cable
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 4 Inches (10 Centimeters) - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Lightning Extension Cable (For a cleaner install)
Amazon.com: Cellularize Lightning Extension Cable (3 foot white) for iPhone 6, 6S, Plus; Pass Video, Data, Audio Through Male to Female 8-Pin Cable. Dock Connector Extender Extension Cable for Lightning: Computers & Accessories

Wire Tap-In
Lockitt POSI-TAP 6 pack wire connectors 20-22 awg - Electronics Cable Connectors - Amazon.com

Follow the instructions they give you and the info from this thread http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-200h-model-2011-present/592274-how-to-install-a-nav-dvd-override-bypass-module-on-a-2011-lexus-ct200h.html) and it should go smoothly. I have never done anything like this before and it was relatively straightforward. Only snag was getting my big hands behind the radio to unplug stuff. The instructions said something about taking off four bolts once you disconnect all the wires but I couldn't figure it out. Oh well!

Phone: iPhone 6 Plus

Caveat the RCA-HDMI converter needs power which is what the wire tap-in is for. They can tell you which pin to splice power from depending on your year. Here is an example splice for the RCA-HDMI converter (NOT a Lexus) skip to 6:25 to see how to tap the power Beat-Sonic iPhone Mirroring Adapter (Installation) on 2015 Toyota Tundra Platinum - YouTube

The screen is not as clear as the iPhone (obviously) but it's perfect for what it is.

Here are the videso of the final install.

The new tab that shows up

The setting I used for it to fill the screen properly

Here is where I passed the cable through. I looked up this part (part # 5882576010
) before hand before I destroyed it and it's only $14 give or take.

In action (there is no flicker in real life. At ~1minute i refocus the camera):

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you look into using the USB data port instead of adding lightning?
The setup does not use that USB port.

It goes
Head Unit to
AVC38 AUX Input Cable to
PC2 RCA Male-to-Male Adapter to
IF16STA HDMI to RCA Converter to
HDA3 HDMI Male to Male Adapter to
MD826ZM/A Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter to
Lightning Extension Cable (For a cleaner install) to
iPhone

·
Registered
25 Posts
Charles, I like your setup. I bought the ivic 6i system for my CT.
I have been 3D printing some phone mounts to get a "dock" that I like.
new-phonemount.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is awesome and I want to do the same on my 2012. However, there doesn't seem to be too many systems that are compatible with the 2011-2012 models for iPhone mirroring. And the iVic 6i is sold out everywhere I've looked.

@jodycochran, where did you get yours?

Charles, I like your setup. I bought the ivic 6i system for my CT.
I have been 3D printing some phone mounts to get a "dock" that I like.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too have a 2012 CT and can only find one unit that will work with that years audio system to mirror...NavTool and it is bank! They have a unit that can will mirror the phone as well as giving the option to add front, L & R side, and rear cameras. Those inputs can be used to add a DVD or other media system that can be used while driving. They also have one that is the same as mentioned but adds Apple CarPlay for about 150 more. That is the only options I have found to date that works with the 2011-12 system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
with the aftermarket head unit used did you have to do any modification to the install location (heard that it is a smaller opening then is required for any aftermarket system)? And did you fabricate a facia surround for the unit?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts