Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2012 CT200 will have a Vehicle Proximity Notification System. For the past couple weeks I have been trying to find a video that features that system. So far this is the only one I can find. If you listen close you can hear the "sound". Listen close as they switch from reverse to drive. You can hear the system stop momentarily.

Also, notice that the antenna is the fin style. Hopefully that will be on all 2012 CT's.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Related Article posted on Club Lexus (also mentions pricing)

Related Article posted on Club Lexus (also mentions pricing)

Club Lexus - Lexus Announces Prices for 2012 Models

Lexus today announced Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) on its 2012 models ranging from the CT 200h hybrid premium compact to the LS 600h L premium luxury hybrid sedan. The MSRP for more than half of the Lexus lineup will remain unchanged from the 2011 model year. The new Lexus vehicles will arrive at dealerships later this summer through early fall. The MSRPs do not include a delivery, processing and handling fee of $875.
For 2012, the popular CT 200h hybrid premium compact will offer a new F Sport Package with special suspension tuning and 17-inch F Sport alloy wheels. The F Sport package also includes a unique front mesh grille, larger rear deck spoiler and exterior F Sport badging. This package offers seats trimmed in black NuLuxe or perforated black leather with white perforation holes. Other interior features include metal front scuff plates, aluminum sport pedals, metallic trim added to the dash panel, a leather-trimmed shift knob and black headliner.

All CT 200h receive a standard Vehicle Proximity Notification System. This external sound system is designed to help assist pedestrians to be aware of the presence of hybrid or electric vehicles traveling at low speeds on city streets and will automatically turn off above a certain speed. This feature will be on CT first with other Lexus hybrids to follow. MSRP: $29,120 - $31,250

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm glad that my 11' CT doesn't have this stupid feature. :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
When the wire is found you could also put a toggle switch run to the 4 empty banks plates to turn on and off. Run with it off and turn on in crowded downtown street or indoor parking structures.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It only emits a sound under certain circumstances - probably when pedestrians are near.
It doesn't seem to be on all the time at certain speeds.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have not heard this alleged feature in my month with the car. If it exists it is certainly non obtrusive to say the least.

·
Registered
69 Posts
same strange sound as in the prius facelift.
i'd rather hear a more premium sound in lexus models.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was concerned about the sound at first, but after driving for a few weeks I only notice it if I'm driving with the windows down in a drive thru for example. I can't really notice it with the windows up unless it's dead quiet outside the CT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts