Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from my dealership today that my 2012 Ultrasonic Blue F-Sport has arrived at the dealership. I've scheduled a pickup for next Saturday the 19th. The sales rep thinks that mine may be the first Ultrasonic Blue CT in the area.

I'll get photos up once it's arrived as there still aren't any photos of the Canadian Spec F-Sport on the website gallery.

First add-on's will be Nokian Hakkapeliitta 5 snow tires, Huper Optik window tint, and a 3M clear paint film on the front of it.
(hopefully some F-Sport Trident wheels and HID in the future)

·
Registered
200 Posts
awesome!!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Very nice. Congrats! Damn, never heard of those snow tires before...interesting name. Good luck with the delivery of your new CT!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Congrat I want to get the same tooin january! I would rather buy a mercury grey butit will be too common and blue is only available with f-sport package!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jimmyc13 - I'm wrong, the Hakkapeliitta 5 are out of production, I'm looking at Hakkapeliitta R's. Supposed to be a little better than the Michelin's in the snow and ice, still low rolling resistance. Based on what I've read about the traction control I'd better be safe than sorry.

Tonic - the limited availability of the blue in Canada was a huge selling point for me. I really liked the starfire pearl as well, but I've already seen a few of them around, and while I also really like the Daybreak Yellow Mica, it seems almost gold in some light.

·
Registered
12 Posts
F-SportPhil - I've got the US version of the same model (only one like this so far here in the Midwest) you're going to love it! It's at the dealer right now getting Michelin Primacy Alpin's installed on the OEM rims for winter. I also went ahead and bought the Tridents for the summer tires - I saw them in the box yesterday and they are going to look awesome with the Ultrasonic Blue (they're the same dark grey color as the F-Sport package OEM rims).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cant wait to see pictures! Did you pay à fortune for the wheels? I would buy them in USA.
I definitely could have saved some money avoiding the dealer but they offer a storage plan which is much less hassle than me trying to squeeze 4 wheels into the hatch every 6 months. Through the dealer the Michelin Alpin tires were $250 each (which isn't far off the price Discount Tire quoted) and the Tridents were about the same (ironically 1/2 the price of the CT200H OEM rims). On top of that was the lug nuts, wheel locks, TPMS, alignment/balancing, & tax. My wallet left $2,700 lighter but hopefully I'm ready for winter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well car has arrived. Waiting for tires to be installed feels already like as long a wait as I had for the car!
Interestingly compared to Calgary John's F-Sport mine has the matching mesh grill upper and lower.
philctfront.jpg
(Pardon the lousy phone photo) I will get a few more photos up once I get a coat or two of wax on it and get out my DSLR.

·
Registered
296 Posts
its nice, wonder why it is not the same bumper than normal CT.......but its nice to see that it add some difference with a normal CT!

·
Registered
25 Posts
that looks really nice (but you might want to block out the license plates in the pics...)

and is it true the F-Sport package and the Nav system are mutually exclusive? That'd suck for some.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In Canada at least the F-Sport is not available with Nav (or LED headlights for that matter).
You would need to go for the Technology Package to get Nav & LED Headlamps, neither of which are included with F-Sport.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cant wait to see pictures! Did you pay à fortune for the wheels? I would buy them in USA.
The price just went down to$139.00 from $199.00. I'm from Toronto and getting these wheels shipped at a CBI
Shipping Depot at Niagara Falls N.Y. The grand total for four wheels is $ 634 delivered. CBI charges $5.95 a parcel.(Fedex is shipping the wheels in two boxes)
Order your lexus parts at Sewellparts.com - Lexus parts dealer located in Texas.....UPDATE: The price just went up to $199 or $169 with lexusclub member.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Well car has arrived. Waiting for tires to be installed feels already like as long a wait as I had for the car!
Interestingly compared to Calgary John's F-Sport mine has the matching mesh grill upper and lower.

(Pardon the lousy phone photo) I will get a few more photos up once I get a coat or two of wax on it and get out my DSLR.
Wonder why the difference between Vancouver and Calgary. Looks great btw! I love how the Ultrasonic Blue matches the Hybrid Blue Logo.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ohhhhh im in love! There is 2 available here in Montreal, but like said before, one has the lower grill like the normal one and they other one has the mesh grill like this one!

·
Registered
73 Posts
F-SportPhil:

The car looks amazing, better then the US Models with thewide grille.

I find it interesting that the Canadian Models are differentwhen the only option on website is colour?

Thanks for posting, more ammo for me to go in to Lexus andask why..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just to let you guys know I've started by discussion with Lexus Canada as to why two 2012 CT 200h F-Sports come with different grills. Here is their first response...sad...

Thank you for your recent email.

With regard to the options available, such as offering more than one style of the front grill on the Lexus CT200h packages in Canada, market trends are closely studied to give us a better idea of what options are in demand. Then based on our findings, our Product Planning department is able to choose the options that best suit the needs of the buying public. We recognize, of course, that these choices may not meet the needs and fulfill the desires of all potential customers. However, we have noted your comments and have forwarded them to our Product Planning department for their information and future consideration.

Regarding, the lack of images of the F-Sport grille on the Lexus Canada website, a copy of your e-mail has been sent to our Website Administrators for information purposes.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Sincerely,

James

It's not over, I'll keep pestering them

1 - 20 of 40 Posts