Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

I am currently looking at the DT200h as an alternative to my Subaru simply for the gas mileage....I currently drive a 2009 Subaru imprezza and I am averaging around 25 - 26 MPG combined (city/highway). About 85 - 90% of all of my driving is highway as I have a 65 mile commute each way for my job (130 miles total daily). I currently have about 64k on the car now. I just found out that Subaru is releasing a new Impreza in 2012 that will get 36 MPG on the highway. I live in the Massachusetts area and commute to New Hampshire daily.

I was wondering what eveyone thinks about perfomance of the CT200h in the snow with snow tires? Is it worth it to swap out the AWD features of the Subaru in favor of the CT200h?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm a bit concerned about the CTs snow performance myself.

The car is so darn low to the ground that it isn't going to have much snow clearance.

It has traction control, stability control and anti-lock brakes, so it should be fine on icy or slippery roads ... as long as there isn't too much snow. :p

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
If you are concerned about heavy snow performance, Subaru is the way to go. Their engines are sturdy and the AWD seems to be able to get my friends out of trouble whenever they get stuck in snow.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yah, I'm worried too - being in the 'snowbelt' in Central Ontario. But I've ordered great Michelin snow's (Primacy Alpine PA3's) and will get them installed late November on the factory rims.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.