Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where the nav screen would be there is now a storage hatch. I read that this hatch will have a 12v plug for charging of garmin or cell phones.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The storage hatch makes a lot of sense. I like the idea a lot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting, you could prob rig up a 7 inch tablet to fit there to use for streaming music and navigation through Bluetooth

·
Registered
486 Posts
All the other pictures I see have a smooth hatch, no storage area..
Is this something that has changed for the 2012s?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
yes. this is new for 2012's.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm looking for a switch that would turn off the proximity notification noise, anybody see any possibilities, perhaps on the left?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a switch that would turn off the proximity notification noise, anybody see any possibilities, perhaps on the left?
I don't think there will be an off switch. Here's another view. The only switch I can make out looks like the windshield de-icer.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't think there will be an off switch. Here's another view. The only switch I can make out looks like the windshield de-icer.
Is that floor mat gray? I thought all CTs had black carpet? The premium mats are only available in black.

·
Registered
245 Posts
And the dash? The upper portion looks lighter. Hasn't that always been in black? I've always considered the black a compromise.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And the dash? The upper portion looks lighter. Hasn't that always been in black? I've always considered the black a compromise.
The photos have poor lighting. They were taken in a dealership with a phone camera. Also, the black components in the CT are varying shades of black....much to my dismay.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Damn, really wish they thought of that the first go-around. Would be a great location to hardwire and mount a non-factory aftermarket NAV (like I did in my last car).

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
On Lexus.ca it is listed in Touring, Premium, and F-Sport packages (Canadian). Not sure if it comes on Base model.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thanks!
I've got a 2012 Touring on order, and I am looking forward to mounting some sort of screen in that compartment.

On Lexus.ca it is listed in Touring, Premium, and F-Sport packages (Canadian). Not sure if it comes on Base model.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Damn, really wish they thought of that the first go-around. Would be a great location to hardwire and mount a non-factory aftermarket NAV (like I did in my last car).
I'm surprised (and disappointed) they didn't do this in 2011 as well. It's not as if they haven't done it before. My 2001 IS300 had a tray which apparently had a cover in the Japanese version. I bought the cover and made it into a useful storage compartment. The CT is lacking in storage IMO.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I'm surprised (and disappointed) they didn't do this in 2011 as well. It's not as if they haven't done it before. My 2001 IS300 had a tray which apparently had a cover in the Japanese version. I bought the cover and made it into a useful storage compartment. The CT is lacking in storage IMO.
The later year IS300s came with this as well. They learned their lesson after the first year. But I personally liked the open tray on my 2001 IS.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks!
I've got a 2012 Touring on order, and I am looking forward to mounting some sort of screen in that compartment.
Look into putting a 7" tablet there. It's what I would do if I had that slot.
You can easily streaming nav and Pandora through the Bluetooth streaming .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts