Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i’m new to to the forum so i don’t know if this is the right sub to post this in but i had a quick question. I found a nice ct200h but i’m worried about it having 130k miles. is it worth it to buy one with that many miles or should i look for something with a bit less?
thank you!

·
Registered
688 Posts
These cars are super reliable so I would be focused on condition not just miles. Overall condition of the interior and exterior and of course making sure the battery pack holds a charge correctly (no obvious warning lights) There are a couple of services around that interval to be aware of. Coolant flush, spark plug change at 120k and inverter coolant flush at 150k. Nothing too major tho. Mine has 116k miles and I am still yet to make my first real mechanical repair. Pretty amazing.

·
Registered
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
50 Posts
I'd avoid an earlier year of CT200 with that many miles, as it will probably have a head gasket failure. But if it's newer, then it should be good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the earlier year models, you'll want to change the egr cooler and clean the tiny intake manifold passages the egr feeds air into. Not doing this can lead to those head gasket issues, knocking noises, and overall rough running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts