Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
485 Posts
My CT200h has a rattle in the front left whenever I drive over bumps or rough roads. It has had this rattle for over a year. I've rotated the tires and there is not any worrisome wear on the tires; they are wearing normally. The car still drives fine, it is NOT a rough ride but I am about to take a long trip and I want to get it fixed. Has anyone else had this issue?
Usual culprits are heat shields and exhaust hangers. Does the rattle sound hollow and something light or does it sound like something heavier?

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
485 Posts
You can easily check both the exhaust and heat shield. put on some pants you don’t care about and get down on the ground near the B pillar. You may be able to look under the car and see a little bit of a thin piece of metal towards the middle. try tapping it with your foot. If I moves around a lot that's your problem! you also should be able to see if the exhaust is hanging low. Feel free to attach a photo.
Mine was this one. Luckily, I was still under warranty and had the dealer take care if it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts