Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
First new post, been here for a couple months. Picked up a used, slightly bumped 2012 F Sport in Tungsten Pearl with 179,000 miles. Has the 10 speaker sound system, blue NyLux interior, nav, XM, blue springs and sway bar, and trident wheels (not sure if dark gray or not). Previous owner went to the dealership and replaced brake pads and rotors, a wheel speed sensor, an ABS sensor, an axle seal and rear shocks. Went to a local warehouse for tires (put on some Kenda tires; I'll probably go with Pilot Sports or some Bridgestones down the road).
We did a little initial baseline: oil/filter change, eCVT oil change, noisy LF wheel hub unit replaced. Contemplating to do a ICE coolant and inverter coolant drain/refill, with replacement of the thermostat and the e-water pump, but the local Toyota dealership is pushing back on the need to replace the hardware (WOWZERS!)
I've had a couple updates/upgrades that I've been processing, as I wanted to make it a little more mine. Stepson is in the world of body repair, so he did some heavy lifting and cleaned up the home garage-efforts of the previous owner. Now the outside looks as good as the inside. No more dings on the doors, bumpers or hood, LR quarter panel, missing RF and LR fender liners have been replaced. Foggy headlights? Fog no more! (Of course, he did such a fine job on the 2012 front bumper, his mom got mad at me for even thinking about a 2014+ F Sport front clip swap!)
We also tinted the windows, ceramic 5% on the back doors, hatch and small sideglass, 20% on front doors.
Today's update was replacing the bent antenna mast with a fin from our friends at Visual Garage.
I've driven the Tungsten Torpedo around 2500 miles since picking it up, averaging 39-43 actual MPG as I refine my pulse/glide technique. Too many lead feet in their oversized SUV's and pick up trucks during my commute to allow me to accelerate a bit more slowly and gently brake to a stop while maximizing my recharge. I'll get there!
Any questions, please ask!
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle
Hood Window Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Plant Road surface Shade Asphalt Tree
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a little more about me:
Living in the Detroit area, my wife and I are empty nesters, so we didn't need 2 SUV's. So after a couple bumps, my '97 LX450 drew the short straw. With a surface street commute during the hybrid/WFH era, a hybrid ride was just what the doctor ordered! (And going from 12 MPG to ~40 MPG just adds to the satisfaction!)
Having owned an older Toyota, being an avid reader (IH8MUD, anyone?), I've had years of exposure to the HG worry. No temp/overheating issues on my truck, over 310,000 miles on the odo. Of course, I had my Scangage II that kept a close eye on engine coolant temps for years. And years.
So using the Scangage now to keep an eye on all the interesting stuff I've read about here. ICE coolant temp, Inverter coolant temp, Traction Battery temp, Intake air temp. I had also been watching State of Charge
Debating next updates/upgrades to the car. Speakers? Monitor/display (no need for a touchscreen...all. the. way. over. there!). Other cosmetic details? Lighted sill garnish? Exterior mirror? Late model F-Sport rear spoiler? 2014 F-Sport front clip? Overhead lighting and vanity lights have been upgraded to LED's.
Thanks for a fun website. Looking forward to the journey with all of you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts