Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are pictures from today at Frankfurt Auto Show introducing the 2012 F-Sport European model of the CT200h. Sexy. So we now know Australia (which had previous F-Sport) and Europe have F-Sport kit. Will North America smarten up and come with this?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
The drop on the side shot looks fantastic, but the angled shot looks to have a bit more wheel/fender gap?

LOVE the new rear bumper treatment, better than OEM/stock CT.

·
Registered
200 Posts
. So we now know Australia (which had previous F-Sport) and Europe have F-Sport kit. Will North America smarten up and come with this?
Yes, its on the way, going into production late Sept/early Oct...I've ordered mine in UltraSonic Blue!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Missing the F sport rims we still don't have in the US !!!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Supposedly, there is a lot more Fsport coming to the US than just the basic Fsport package. I talked to my dealer today (finally got a test drive!) and he's going to get the pricing info on an Fsport and let me know. Since this is my wife's car, I'm not certain I definitely want it.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Missing the F sport rims we still don't have in the US !!!!!!
Wow, you really really want those for your wife's car! I'm not a big fan of them, any idea on their weight? They don't look that light to me.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would love a pair of these gunmetal ones for my Obsidian

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I want those seats, that sterring wheel, and much more..WTF am I to do now :(
Jedi767, me too. But I guess a good way to look at it is, we paid a good price for our CTs, and I really don't think the extra badging is worth the price premium. I'm all about getting the best, but there comes a point where the benefits just don't outweigh the costs. Now, if the F-Sport package really made a difference in terms of performance, that would be a different story. This is, after all, a CT200h with a F-Sport Package, NOT a CT-F, as it is with the ISx50 and the IS-F.

Besides, we have our CTs already. Way before a lot of other people have gotten theirs. LOL. Cheer up!

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can always order the badging for less :) and order the F-Sport grill. Because the North American F-Sport model unfortunately doesn't come with the special kit (it does come with larger spoiler).

This is image given my Lexus USA for F-Sport model

Notice they are still repping the F-Sport wheels that no one can get :(

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Yes, but still unsure because I do live where a lot of salt is put on roads in winter. Need a good protective top coat.
Wow, so you're using those wheels in the winters up there? Would have thought you would need to have a dedicated snow tire package.

My friend powder coated his wheels and I was quite impressed with the quality & ease of cleaning, but it wasn't cheap. They did 3 clear coats on them.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Jedi767, me too. But I guess a good way to look at it is, we paid a good price for our CTs, and I really don't think the extra badging is worth the price premium. I'm all about getting the best, but there comes a point where the benefits just don't outweigh the costs. Now, if the F-Sport package really made a difference in terms of performance, that would be a different story. This is, after all, a CT200h with a F-Sport Package, NOT a CT-F, as it is with the ISx50 and the IS-F.

Besides, we have our CTs already. Way before a lot of other people have gotten theirs. LOL. Cheer up!
Very good point Matt, I agree. It's not like each badge adds 10 HP each.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Correct, each the badges are not cumulative in HP increase, it's exponential.

So, the first one is worth 10, the 2nd worth 10 * 2, or 20, etc.

It's simple supply and demand.

Ah hah!!! So there is method to the madness!!!

-Orders 500 f-sport badges-

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Ah hah!!! So there is method to the madness!!!

-Orders 500 f-sport badges-
Sorry Matt, but you went overboard and just blew your engine. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts