Lexus CT200h Forums banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Were you able to special order and when exactly did you place your order?

I am serious thinking of giving up my 2011 Red with black nuluxe and nav and special ordering a 2012 with everything. My delivery date is August 10-15, 2012

What to do ???
Wait! I just saw the date. Are you saying they gave you a date of August 2012? Over a year from now? That's not right. Try another dealership.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Wait! I just saw the date. Are you saying they gave you a date of August 2012? Over a year from now? That's not right. Try another dealership.
Sorry typo :eek: , mea culpa August 10-15 of this year, 2011

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I was able to special order everything I want. My order has been in for over 2 months but on hold. Special orders just opened up again in July. My car won't be produced until the 2012 production cranks up. I was willing to wait...and wait.

Didn't you pick your car up already?:confused:
No, I haven't picked up the car yet. It is scheduled to reach LA port on July 28, 2011 and be delivered to Westside Lexus approximately 14 days later, they said somewhere between August 10 and 15, 2011. I was previously working with Michael Van Cleave of the Internet department at Northside Lexus, which I believe is the dealer you are working with. I put an email query into Westside yesterday afternnon, but haven't received a response yet! We'll see, may have to special order with Northside. Thanks very much for you responses and information; I am sorry I confused you, it was not my intent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any major differences in the US 2012? It sounds like some people have already ordered one--were you given any different color or options choices than are available on the 2011? Or do the dealers not even know yet?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any major differences in the US 2012? It sounds like some people have already ordered one--were you given any different color or options choices than are available on the 2011? Or do the dealers not even know yet?
I was told by dealer 2012 exactly the same as 2011 except for higher price, they are guessing 3-5%. Take it with a grain of salt, but the salesman I have been dealing is pretty sharp and forthright.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cool, thanks for the response--I've heard anywhere from 1-5% from dealers here. Sounds like if you want to order a 2012, you just have to bite the bullet and sign something without a final price, which is a little scary.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Geez, that's disappointing to hear that increase is 1-5%, meaning $300-1,500, hope not. On one of the other threads, the person indicated that the dealer told him $50 increase, so not sure which is correct. In either case, depending on how much the increase is, I might look at a different hybrid to purchase, there are more choices out there now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Geez, that's disappointing to hear that increase is 1-5%, meaning $300-1,500, hope not. On one of the other threads, the person indicated that the dealer told him $50 increase, so not sure which is correct. In either case, depending on how much the increase is, I might look at a different hybrid to purchase, there are more choices out there now.
My sales guy told me that the 2012 price increase will be $50 ... in Canada for the Canadian CT. :)

I don't know what the US price increase might be. :rolleyes: The US dollar has gone down a lot in value lately relative to other currencies, so that might play a role in the new price.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You either pay now or pay later. There WILL be a bluebook difference between the 2011 and the 2012 when you go to trade it in. All this limited inventory with the 2011 models will be long forgotten by then. It won't matter at all that there are few to no differences between the model years.

This close to the changeover it makes sense to me to go with the 2012. If I could have gotten my hands on a 2011 a few months ago when I first started looking, I'd be in one now. Not a bad idea to go with year 2 of a new car anyway. Gives them a chance to correct any kinks.

I doubt there will be that large of a price jump. Lexus doesn't do that with their other cars. Their method of a price increase is to remove some of the standard features. No time for that now with the CT.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You either pay now or pay later. There WILL be a bluebook difference between the 2011 and the 2012 when you go to trade it in. All this limited inventory with the 2011 models will be long forgotten by then. It won't matter at all that there are few to no differences between the model years.

This close to the changeover it makes sense to me to go with the 2012. If I could have gotten my hands on a 2011 a few months ago when I first started looking, I'd be in one now. Not a bad idea to go with year 2 of a new car anyway. Gives them a chance to correct any kinks.

I doubt there will be that large of a price jump. Lexus doesn't do that with their other cars. Their method of a price increase is to remove some of the standard features. No time for that now with the CT.
If the predicted resale situation in the US is anything like Canada, then I think you're much better off leasing this car then buying it. My monthly lease payment ended up being about half of the monthly loan payment ... with much less down payment.

The buy-back is very high, but if the car is actually worth what Lexus thinks it will be worth after 4 years, then buy it back and trade it in.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If the predicted resale situation in the US is anything like Canada, then I think you're much better off leasing this car then buying it. My monthly lease payment ended up being about half of the monthly loan payment ... with much less down payment.

The buy-back is very high, but if the car is actually worth what Lexus thinks it will be worth after 4 years, then buy it back and trade it in.
The buy back is exactly what Lexus thinks it will be worth. They want to set the lease end buy back correctly. Too high and they didn't get enough out of you monthly. Too low and you can buy it at the end and sell it for profit vs trading it in.

It is an educated guess on their part. Looks like the buy back on my existing RX is about $2k too low. Guess what I'll be doing :)

But if I added all my lease payments and down payment to the buyback amount, I still paid more than if I had simply purchased the car.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
But if I added all my lease payments and down payment to the buyback amount, I still paid more than if I had simply purchased the car.
Damn, that stinks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Were you able to special order and when exactly did you place your order?

I am serious thinking of giving up my 2011 Red with black nuluxe and nav and special ordering a 2012 with everything. My delivery date is August 10-15, 2012

What to do ???
it was a special order, and i played the order like July 23?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am now totally confused. After not getting answers from my salesperson I contacted the sales manager at my dealership. He told me Lexus is still not accepting custom orders. I called a second dealership in the area and a sales manager there said the same thing. Therefore either two dealerships are providing false information, custom orders are only being taken regionally, or no one is putting in a custom order and we're all ultimately a part of the same stupid waiting list process.

He mentioned that he hoped Lexus would start producing more CTs in the colors people wanted but as we discussed further it sounds like they base their production on sales. So, if they don't produce many of a certain color and don't take orders, how will they ever know that a certain color is in high demand?

Beginning to think its time to start investigating other cars...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm in Ottawa, Canada... the salesman showed me the list of orders they had from clients; the waiting list and those that were being built, and those that had a delivery date.

I suppose it might be a regional thing; it might just be honest confusion with how slow things are going as well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm in Ottawa, Canada... the salesman showed me the list of orders they had from clients; the waiting list and those that were being built, and those that had a delivery date.

I suppose it might be a regional thing; it might just be honest confusion with how slow things are going as well.
I've seen those lists as well. :D

However, we have never been able to place "custom orders" here in Canada in the same way US customers normally can. In Canada, you can only ever pick from one of 4 option packages (base, touring, premium and technology).

US customers can normal pick and choose from many individual options. (eg add premium audio and navigation, but exclude leather and moon roof ). For the time being, the US has gone to an ordering model similar to Canada where options are grouped into packages.

There might be some confusion about what "custom order" actually means.

·
Registered
245 Posts

There might be some confusion about what "custom order" actually means.
My "custom" order is just a standard color combo with a standard option package. It's just a way for my dealer to get a color combo that is not normally available in our area. Maybe that is the confusion.

The only option I added was the illuminated door sills. Nothing out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think I'm going to request a refund of my deposit only because I'm not being dealt with honestly by the dealer and even if they do find a vehicle that's close I'll probably be asked to sacrifice something.

I'm totally bummed, may try to find a dealer close to me that will accept an order or I may wait until next year and just start the entire process over when the environment is better. Either way, left me with a very bad taste

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.