Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
My dealer told me the 2012 models are scheduled for September. That means they gear up production for them in July. That being said, the tsunami may have changed everything. Since we are on a list for "closest match" I guess what year model you end up with depends on when you match with what comes off the truck. I verified with at least a half a dozen delers that Lexus is not accepting orders at this time. Dealers are simply matching customers with what inventory they get. NOTE: not all regions get every color combination. Hopefully at some point inventory will begin to catch up. My dealer said what they generally do is trade with a dealer who has what you want. Currently there is no inventory to trade with or for. Since I'm on the list, and quite a ways down, I guess I'll get a 2012. I don't mind, hopefully they will have addressed the arm rest issue and passenger door handle.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The dealer can and will take your order, along with your deposit. He just can't submit it to Lexus. The best he can do at this point is match you to what inventory he gets. I hope this loosens up with the 2012 models. 2 months ago, I was told 60-90 days. Submit it to Lexus and they build it for you. I hesitated....I'm not sure if this change is because they are so far behind in production or because of the model year change.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I know for a fact in Canada they already have the color changes and the f-sport being released. U can actually order it with the dealer. And it is a 2012.
What were the color changes in the 2012 lineup?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Dirvin,

What dealer are you going through in Houston ?
Northside Lexus, but I thought Northside and Westside were owned by the same people. My problem is I am looking for gray leather. I was told that gray leather had never been released to the South. To top that off in May, special orders had been put on hold. So no way to get what I wanted. As of July, special orders were on again. This close to the model year change, I just went with a 2012, odds were that's what I would have ended up with anyway by the time my special order was filled.

I don't want anything "special", just the gray leather. The distribution of colors across the country or rather lack of distribution is what made me have to go with a special order.

When I put my name on the list in May, I was 22nd on the list. One other person was waiting for that exact combo. I've been told now that because of the problems in Japan, the model year changeover will be in August and I can expect my car at the earliest in Sept/Oct.

I've never had any updates from the dealer so I don't know where I stand on that list of 22. But cars.com which at last look had several hundred had none within 250 miles. I hope you get your car soon, it would be nice to know some cars are finally making their way down south.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Were you able to special order and when exactly did you place your order?

I am serious thinking of giving up my 2011 Red with black nuluxe and nav and special ordering a 2012 with everything. My delivery date is August 10-15, 2012

What to do ???
I was able to special order everything I want. My order has been in for over 2 months but on hold. Special orders just opened up again in July. My car won't be produced until the 2012 production cranks up. I was willing to wait...and wait.

Didn't you pick your car up already?:confused:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Were you able to special order and when exactly did you place your order?

I am serious thinking of giving up my 2011 Red with black nuluxe and nav and special ordering a 2012 with everything. My delivery date is August 10-15, 2012

What to do ???
Wait! I just saw the date. Are you saying they gave you a date of August 2012? Over a year from now? That's not right. Try another dealership.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You either pay now or pay later. There WILL be a bluebook difference between the 2011 and the 2012 when you go to trade it in. All this limited inventory with the 2011 models will be long forgotten by then. It won't matter at all that there are few to no differences between the model years.

This close to the changeover it makes sense to me to go with the 2012. If I could have gotten my hands on a 2011 a few months ago when I first started looking, I'd be in one now. Not a bad idea to go with year 2 of a new car anyway. Gives them a chance to correct any kinks.

I doubt there will be that large of a price jump. Lexus doesn't do that with their other cars. Their method of a price increase is to remove some of the standard features. No time for that now with the CT.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If the predicted resale situation in the US is anything like Canada, then I think you're much better off leasing this car then buying it. My monthly lease payment ended up being about half of the monthly loan payment ... with much less down payment.

The buy-back is very high, but if the car is actually worth what Lexus thinks it will be worth after 4 years, then buy it back and trade it in.
The buy back is exactly what Lexus thinks it will be worth. They want to set the lease end buy back correctly. Too high and they didn't get enough out of you monthly. Too low and you can buy it at the end and sell it for profit vs trading it in.

It is an educated guess on their part. Looks like the buy back on my existing RX is about $2k too low. Guess what I'll be doing :)

But if I added all my lease payments and down payment to the buyback amount, I still paid more than if I had simply purchased the car.

·
Registered
245 Posts

There might be some confusion about what "custom order" actually means.
My "custom" order is just a standard color combo with a standard option package. It's just a way for my dealer to get a color combo that is not normally available in our area. Maybe that is the confusion.

The only option I added was the illuminated door sills. Nothing out of the ordinary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.