Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can connect and listen to music over Bluetooth using my Galaxy s4. However, the USB connection never sees the device. It does charge so half of the control is there. When I connect an IPOD to the USB I have full control of the device, can search music, artists, songs via the mouse and Navigation window.

I want to be able to control the Galaxy 4 via the same procedure ... dealership says the USB only supports IPOD/IPhone for those features. Is the an adapter for the phone/car?

I know it is likely do to the s4 have no USB Mass Storage, only MTP, but was expecting my "Luxury" hybrid to address those issues ...

Any advice other than just to use the Bluetooth?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I dont believe the stock head unit supports what your looking for. I know that the standard USB drive with music can be problematic for some due to if its formatted to FAT32 or something else. I believe bluetooth is your best option for now? Any particular reason bluetooth isnt sufficient?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2014 works well with a USB stick loaded with audio. I suspect you rip using AAC and iTunes which is to be avoided for furure proofing. Try ripping using DBPOWER AMP to high bit MP3 and you should have less issues with anything you use. DB can be set to rip directly into your itunes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts