Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this equates to 40.5542 to 40 milers per gallon.
it has driven over 145k km.

Can I improve its mpg or do these hybrid cars just take up more oil as they start aging?

·
Registered
20 Posts
We've done 190k km in our 2011 CT. We are averaging around 5.3 l/100km. Most of that margin over 5.0 is due to a lack of stop/start traffic and my 'time-efficient' driving style.

Do you have the correct spec oil?
Do you have the standard rims?
Eco tyres?
What traffic do you drive in?
How far is your average trip?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stop start times - if you drive only 10 minutes at a time and engine cools down, fuel consumption goes up.
Hilly drives also increase consumption. If you are driving over 60mph, that also pushes up consumption.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stop start times - if you drive only 10 minutes at a time and engine cools down, fuel consumption goes up.
Hilly drives also increase consumption. If you are driving over 60mph, that also pushes up consumption.
yeah i only go for short drives...like to the grocery store and that is it. does this mean i am not saving any money on gas compared to a regular car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We've done 190k km in our 2011 CT. We are averaging around 5.3 l/100km. Most of that margin over 5.0 is due to a lack of stop/start traffic and my 'time-efficient' driving style.

Do you have the correct spec oil?
Do you have the standard rims?
Eco tyres?
What traffic do you drive in?
How far is your average trip?
so the more stop traffic signals there are, the more efficient it would be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts