Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this equates to 40.5542 to 40 milers per gallon.
it has driven over 145k km.

Can I improve its mpg or do these hybrid cars just take up more oil as they start aging?

·
Registered
20 Posts
We've done 190k km in our 2011 CT. We are averaging around 5.3 l/100km. Most of that margin over 5.0 is due to a lack of stop/start traffic and my 'time-efficient' driving style.

Do you have the correct spec oil?
Do you have the standard rims?
Eco tyres?
What traffic do you drive in?
How far is your average trip?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stop start times - if you drive only 10 minutes at a time and engine cools down, fuel consumption goes up.
Hilly drives also increase consumption. If you are driving over 60mph, that also pushes up consumption.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stop start times - if you drive only 10 minutes at a time and engine cools down, fuel consumption goes up.
Hilly drives also increase consumption. If you are driving over 60mph, that also pushes up consumption.
yeah i only go for short drives...like to the grocery store and that is it. does this mean i am not saving any money on gas compared to a regular car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We've done 190k km in our 2011 CT. We are averaging around 5.3 l/100km. Most of that margin over 5.0 is due to a lack of stop/start traffic and my 'time-efficient' driving style.

Do you have the correct spec oil?
Do you have the standard rims?
Eco tyres?
What traffic do you drive in?
How far is your average trip?
so the more stop traffic signals there are, the more efficient it would be?

·
Registered
5 Posts
this equates to 40.5542 to 40 milers per gallon.
it has driven over 145k km.

Can I improve its mpg or do these hybrid cars just take up more oil as they start aging?
Yes, you can. It depends on how you drive and the weather condition as well. I get an average of 48 MPG with my 2011 CT (~121k miles). I drive 60% highway and 40% local over a distance of 12 miles oneway between my home and work. I rarely drive more than 70 MPH on the highway where 65 MPH is the speed limit. For local driving, probably 35 MPH average I think. Regarding the weather conditions, when it's hot, the hybrid battery is used up more because the AC kicks in more often. When it's cold, a longer warm-up time means more gasoline. During a cold startup when it's chilly outside, just turn off the heater fan, so the engine won't stay on too long to warm up the engine in the beginning. If the heater is on, the engine will keep running until it reaches a certain temperature. You can check this by turning off the heater fan. The engine will stop running as soon as you turn off the fan. The engine will warm up naturally as you drive anyway. While the engine gets warmed up, you can turn the heater on for your seat if you have it. I get about 46 MPG in wintertime, while I get over 50 MPG when the weather is mild like spring and fall time here in Ohio. That's how I get 48 MPG overall. Basically, how often the hybrid battery is recharged by your engine will determine the overall gas mileage for a hybrid car in my opinion.
Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts