Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anything have an idea as to why the gas engine isn't kicking in? There is an ongoing noise like electricity is running through and the engine seems like it wants to start but nothing is happening. The car would come on and be in READY mode but would not go into drive or reverse (enough if it did it wouldn't shift one inch) replaced the main hybrid battery pack today and that fixed one issue. But now the car goes into drive and reverse and moves when given some throttle but gas engine won't kick in. Please help before getting it towed to my nearest toyota dealer!

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
140 Posts
Does the gas engine run if you put it in park and floor the peddle? Have you checked for codes? Are there any money lights on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the gas engine run if you put it in park and floor the peddle? Have you checked for codes? Are there any money lights on?
I actually tried that and nothing happened, and yes there's a code P3147. The engine does sound like it wants to turn on but nothing happens.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
140 Posts
Theres 4 variants of that code. You meed the 3 digit INF number to be more accurate. The code is a transaxle/transmiaaion fault code.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
140 Posts
FYI, I don't know if youre mechanical, but I have the service manual software posted in the engine and tech subforum. It has the detailed procedures to determine the fault location. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts