Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Wow, that's quite impressive mileage for a much bigger car and a 200 hp engine. Amazing, the technology just keeps getting better! I don't mind the current Camry styling, especially the SE model, but not liking the facelift on the 2012 at all.

· Registered
1 Posts
Wow. I just test drove the CT for the first time yesterday. I loved everything about the car except for two things the rear seating space and the luggage space. The rear seating is very tight, but didn't bother me nearly as much as the practically non-existent luggage space. I mean you can't buy more than 3 bags of groceries at a time if you have any passengers in the back seat! If there were just an extra foot or two of luggage space behind the back seat then i would be all over this car.

I had pretty much made up my mind to buy the 2012 model in a few months, but decided to google what mpg other 2012 model cars would get, and out popped the 2012 camry hybrid! It has much more space than the CT and nearly identical mpg. Does it look as cool as the CT? Definitely not. But the 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE will cost $27,400 according to the New York Times.

Ugh... Toyota is cheaper, more powerful, much roomier, has more luggage space, but is not as cool as the Lexus. Plus with the Camry u get lots of additional luxury options for a cheaper price then the base price of the CT. I don't know. I just don't know. I think i may have to postpone my purchase until both models are out so i can test drive both. Damn u Camry, just when i was about to buy my first Lexus, you pull me back in.

· Registered
11 Posts
Before I bought a CT I was looking at the Sonata hybrid, that compares very much to the Camry hybrid. I would strongly question the MPG of the new Camry as a 2.5L engine would have to be greatly tweaked to get ~40 MPG. The Sonata hybrid (~200 HP) that is currently out has users getting 30-38 MPG, I would expect the Camry hybrid to do the same given the similarities. ~40 if you hyper mile like crazy and low 30's if you don't.

· Registered
208 Posts
Ugh... Toyota is cheaper, more powerful, much roomier, has more luggage space, but is not as cool as the Lexus. Plus with the Camry u get lots of additional luxury options for a cheaper price then the base price of the CT. I don't know. I just don't know. I think i may have to postpone my purchase until both models are out so i can test drive both. Damn u Camry, just when i was about to buy my first Lexus, you pull me back in.
My wife has a Camry Hybrid. A lot of the trunk space is sacrificed for the battery. The seats do go down (unlike the HS250h), so that's a plus. Make sure you are looking at the specs for the hybrid. Trunk space between it and the non-hybrid Camry are bound to be different.

Personally, I like the CT because with it's seats down, you can load in a helluva lot of stuff that would never fit in the Camry. All of our Costco runs are done in the CT.

· Registered
245 Posts
The Camry is a snoozer. I'd go for the Altima hybrid if I needed the extra space and suffer the drop in mpg. I'd like to see an IS hybrid.

· Premium Member
874 Posts
The Camry is a snoozer. I'd go for the Altima hybrid if I needed the extra space and suffer the drop in mpg. I'd like to see an IS hybrid.

Or the RX 450h :D lots of space and good fuel economy!

· Registered
245 Posts
Or the RX 450h :D lots of space and good fuel economy!
I'm on my 3rd RX now. I just can't see the extra $10k for the hybrid. In the 10 years I've been driving the RX, the price has jumped and jumped. I did consider it.

Time for something smaller and sportier. I hope I'm not on this board selling my CT. :eek:

· Registered
146 Posts
Before I bought a CT I was looking at the Sonata hybrid, that compares very much to the Camry hybrid. I would strongly question the MPG of the new Camry as a 2.5L engine would have to be greatly tweaked to get ~40 MPG. The Sonata hybrid (~200 HP) that is currently out has users getting 30-38 MPG, I would expect the Camry hybrid to do the same given the similarities. ~40 if you hyper mile like crazy and low 30's if you don't.
Completely correct.

· Registered
255 Posts
I'm on my 3rd RX now. I just can't see the extra $10k for the hybrid. In the 10 years I've been driving the RX, the price has jumped and jumped. I did consider it.

Time for something smaller and sportier. I hope I'm not on this board selling my CT. :eek:
I came from an RX to the CT. The CT does not have as soft a ride as the RX or the room,but I am very happy. I'll not be selling the CT until a Lexus with much better mpg comes out.

· Registered
7 Posts
Blame Europe

The reason I think the CT is not getting the new Camry engine is Europe's emission requirments. The CT was designed for Europe and not for the U.S. Maybe if the CT sells well, they will put the bigger engine in the F-Sport?

· Registered
11 Posts
First fill ups

I will add my results to the list:

First tank 325 mi W/ 7.4 Gal- 43.91 (50 city/ 50 highway ~102F)
2nd tank 283 mi W/6.4 Gal-44.2 (100 highway ~100F)

3rd tank is in the works at 300 mi and od says 47.1 (temps have dropped in Texas today, only 88F)

· Registered
4 Posts
exactly my thoughts.
I regret getting a used CT200H when I could have bought a more powerful 2.5L Camry Hybrid XLE (used), at a lower price for a lower mileage car for the same year. The camry hybrid xle (in substance vs frills) puts the HS250h to shame as well when it comes to power vs mpg comparison.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.