Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
1) There is supposedly a CT300h coming down the pipeline. Toyota has trademarked the name. When? Who knows. We can definitely expect it to be this drivetrain, though.
2) It will cost more, likely $2k~$3k more, in fact, than the CT200h. I don't see the 200h going away.
3) It seems like most people on these forums do far better than the CT's EPA ratings would have you believe possible. I wouldn't expect these CamryHy numbers to directly translate to the same MPG in the CT. A sporting character does impact gas mileage. And, when it comes down to it, the 1.8L in the CT should be more efficient in the real world versus the 2.5L. From what I can tell, there isn't any amazing tech on the 2.5L hybrid that really boosts the mileage over the 1.8L.
4) Yeah, the 200hp is certainly appealing. Having sold an MKV VW GTI last summer, I do miss having a quick, sporty hatch in the family. The CT is already pushing what I'm willing to spend on a car this small, though, so it will come down to how the CT200h and proposed CT300h drive and are priced. If a nicely equipped CT300h is pushing $40k, I'll stick with the 200h and buy myself an NC Miata or FR-S as my toy car. (best of both worlds!)
5) While this does put the Camry on my radar, I still think the CT is a nicer looking car and I'm certain it is a nicer driving car. If MPG were everything, we'd all be in Prius instead. Enjoy your excellent blend of sporty handling, luxury interior, and great gas mileage. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Stab in the back? A bit dramatic, aren't we? Like I said before, the CT300h will probably be a more expensive model that will slot in above the CT200h just like the IS250 and the IS350 coexist. The 1.8L will still get better gas mileage. There really isn't any new tech on the 2.5L hybrid that doesn't exist on the 1.8L hybrid that magically makes the 2.5L more efficient. It will simply be another choice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.