Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2011 Lexus ct and the check engine light has been on for some time. Initially the dealership told me not to worry about it. Eventually they told me that I needed to change the manifold gauge which I did. After fixing this the check engine light still came on. My mechanic said I needed 02 sensors and a new catalytic converter. The code is P0420

I am not sure what to do because a new catalytic converter is 3k, and was wondering if anyone else ran into it.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
254 Posts
If you have full coverage, street park your car and hope a converter thief steals your cat. Way cheaper.
Seriously, most mechanics want to just throw parts at the car but don't know what caused the problem. Unless your cat is rattling, you may want to find a shop that can clean it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I have a 2011 Lexus ct and the check engine light has been on for some time. Initially the dealership told me not to worry about it. Eventually they told me that I needed to change the manifold gauge which I did. After fixing this the check engine light still came on. My mechanic said I needed 02 sensors and a new catalytic converter. The code is P0420

I am not sure what to do because a new catalytic converter is 3k, and was wondering if anyone else ran into it.
check the engine oil first and add it if needed and see if the light's still there..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Replace the O2 sensors first. Catalytic converters don’t go bad often. I especially don’t think these hybrids can burn through cats that fast either.
Drive around for like 50-100 miles and cold start the car about 3 times or so and see if the code clears itself. If not, then you know for sure it’s the cat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check the California emissions page for resetting your computer. They have procedures for different computers most shops are clueless. My Tundra needed to be driven so many miles at 50-60mph then coast to a complete stop without ever touching the brakes. (sounds crazy) but it worked my computer cleared. -change the 02 sensors first. They go bad far more often than cats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts