Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
I am looking at buying a CT200h an unfortunately I couldn't find an agreement with my local dealer.
I could only get 2.5% off even if I was taking a display vehicle that has been sitting in the showroom for a couple of month. So I walked away.
Anyway, I recently found at another dealer a 2011 CT200h + nav for $33k MSRP. The car was build in August 2011 and has 3 miles on the O/D...
What do you think?
I am waiting for some information from the dealer but I guess it was a display vehicle. It seems to now be outside on the lot.
I am a bit concerned with the car being outside in the sun / snow (during the winter?) and also with the battery (I heard it was bad not to drive the car).
Also I am wondering about the warranty. It's a CPO (if I am correct).
Finally, even if the price seems good. I think the fact that the car is a year old affect the resale value by more than just $3000... I will probably do 5k miles / year so I'd have been happier buying a 2012 with 5k miles...
I wanted to have your opinions since I don't necessary have a lot of xp buying cars.
Thank you for your help!
Matt

·
Registered
200 Posts
33k MSRP not out the door?
Cant you get a brand new 2012 ct w/ nav for 33k MSRP?

Have you tried some discount that Lexus offers that usually takes $1000 off of MSRP

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
Unfortunately, I don't qualify for any offer. I tried to go at the dealer nearby but after negotiating for a while they wouldn't go under $35k MSRP + Fee + Taxes (6.5) = ~ $37k OTD so I walk away. (my limit is more $35k - $35,500 OTD)
The other dealer, in addition to the first car I mentioned, also have a 2011 CT200h with 500 miles never registered... for $31,500 so I sould be able to get this one at $32,500 OTD.
I am not sure what to do...
Any opinion is welcome :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
OP where do you live?
My recommendation is for you to find out what others got from their dealers based on your location and see if you can replicate the deal first. Many people got below MSRP from straight shooting sales reps (you can say so and so recommended you and got this and that price). If this doesn't work then I would go for a used one because it doesn't sound like you are getting that great of a deal on the used anyways.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi.
Thanks for the reply. I'm in Mass. There is currently no CPO/used in the state. I emailed a couple of dealers to see if they could go down... No luck so far.
I was a bit disappointed that they would not go under $35k MSRP for a new 2012 one (instead of $36.5k).
Lexus of Watertown is great but they were just not willing to give anything away... I am not in a rush so I guess I will wait.
Thx

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would suggest you to get a used one with not so much milleage on it! You can always get a great deal because the owner before you paid for the big lost of value in the first year and you will get your CT and safe some money! I bought a demo back in january with 3000 miles because the car was cheaper and they let for 4000$ worth of accesoiry with it!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't know what the delivery times are like now but they're what made me decide to do as Tonic did and buy an ex demo.

Choice 1 - new : build to spec, wait 2-3 months for new toy
Choice 2 - ex demo : accept given spec, get Shiny Toy now

I went for the ex demo because I could get a CT that was exactly the spec I wanted : Blue + Nav + SE-L (it's the middle UK spec). Mine was 6,000 miles and 6 months old and I didn't have to wait for something else to break on my car at the time. It wasn't much below recommended price but I did get a few extras. Discounts would have been very hard to come by due to Supply vs Demand. I.e. No Supply, High Demand.

However - a 1 year old car with just 3 miles on it is one I'd be nervous about. I'd rather see a car used than sitting idle. Cars like to be used, it gets the oil and other bits turning. Sitting idle for months on end is bad news for a car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I guess pricing discounts are different for different geographical areas.

We bought a CT in South Florida about 3 weeks ago. We visited 3 local dealerships and there were at least 20 to chose from on each of the dealer lots. There are 4 dealers within a 35 mile area so competition helps buyers.

We bought a Premium, Starfire Pearl, with Premium Audio, Leather pkg, HDDNAV and Accy Package. The Window Sticker was $37,839. The dealer also installed the Bamboo Wood trim piece, another $199 accessory, for a retail price of $38,038. We paid $38,000 Out the Door.

See attached Window Sticker and
Sales order for details.

One way they boost price down here is to add "dealer Fees' of anywhere from $299 to $699 so I always negotiate Out the door for dealer to dealer comparison.

Dealers here sell to out of state buyers all the time. They also rarely refuse to show invoice if asked. My deal was negotiated to ~$3000 BELOW the $38,038 MSRP or ~$1200 BELOW the $36111 invoice price, but of course they add the $699 "dealer fee" to get back some extra profit.

You could always consider buying from Florida by negotiating long distance first then flying down to pick up the car. You could make a nice vacation trip out of it.

See attachments for the sticker and the actual sales contract.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went through this same thing in purchasing mine a month ago. I went for a used 2011 for 33k out the door with 6k miles on it with 0.9% financing. I could have purchased a new 2012 but I wanted it loaded! The 2011 was a demo car for Lexus so it was loaded (except for the heated steering wheel and radar cruise control). When I asked and went through equipping a 2012 with all the same options, that put the car around $41k. It wasn't worth the extra cash for a 2012 with 6k less miles. I can use the extra 8 grand other places. I am still the first true owner of th car I feel as Lexus was the original. I live in the the Seattle area by the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts