Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Live in a rural location and park the car in a barn. Recently been getting mice into the car as I've found droppings. Placed traps over a few nights and snagged two of them. Pulled the cabin air filter and their was what seems to be `insulation' around it and the filter itself was quite dirty. Any ideas on how they are getting in? I placed some steel wool along the area under the hood where the hinges go in but other than that, am perplexed as to how the little guys get in.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mice can crawl through a hole the size of the diameter of a pencil so nearly impossible to prevent once they reach the car. The best way to prevent is to catch them somehow before they can reach the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have to agree with KKM. Not only can they get in the cabin, but they can also do major damage to the electronics under the hood. Cost me over $500 to replace wiring on my pickup engine which was sitting in my garage. I put steel screens in front of all my air filters (engine and cabin) to keep them from using the filter material as a nest. But most important is to keep the parking area clean and do regular inspections for any signs of entry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2012. They got in it last year and filled the vents with junk. I have had to put traps and mice repelant in it and try to keep them out. Its really a process. Currently because of all the nuts and junk they got into the ducts my controls for the air mixture are mest up and the dash will need removal to repair. I am in the works of getting the manuals to do it myself because lexus wants over 2k to do it and toyota wont touch it. the only thing i can tell you aside from the stated above is that this car has a huge air hole under the plastic cover for the windshield wipers on the passanger side that leads straitght to the inside. i belive its intended to suck fresh air for the filter but its huge. i plan on putting in a metal mesh to block entry from there. Check your cabin air filter and make sure they havent already made it in. Seems mice love the materials in these cars as much as we love the cars ;) Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts