Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one of these should I buy. I care about the environment, want something somewhat sporty, need something reliable. I'm a 20 year old guy in college.

I know theres a big price difference since the Mercedes is older but I don't like the new C-class bodystyle so if I get a C-class it will be a 2007 C230.

The Mercedes would be black with beige leather interior and dark grey wood. The Lexus would be pearl brown with beige leather interior and bamboo wood.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mercedes is a very safe, solid car. Not unreliable, but it's 10 years old. Maintenance and parts are expensive on those cars.

The CT won't drive as sporty as the Merc, but it's a much cheaper car to own. For a student, I think it's a better choice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your asking on a Lexus CT forum, so take that in consideration when reading the answers. Agree with sjw91 that both are nice cars and not knowing your financial situation or personal preferences, it is hard to recommend one.

I currently own (and have owned) luxury/sport German cars and highly recommend a warranty if you choose that option. Although my German cars have been mostly reliable, repairs can be very expensive if anything breaks or wears out. I do most of my own minor repairs and service, but some things are just beyond my ability. Porsche wanted $350 to change my oil... of course I do it myself. A power steering pump and labor was $2500 and my warranty paid. The same things can happen to the Lexus, but less likely due to the age and reliability factor. And if it does, the parts/labor are a lot less.

Most dealers can offer you a 3rd party warranty. Like any insurance, it is a gamble whether or not it will turn out to be a good deal for you. But if you can't afford the warranty, you may not be able to afford the repairs either.

·
Registered
46 Posts
And the CT hatchback is probably more useful for moving to college and back. I'm assuming you weren't looking at the C230 hatchback, since I don't think it lasted until 2007.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts