Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

New to the forum. I have a 2012 with about 6k miles. It has the "B" sound system/no nav.

I love the car but was wondering about a couple of things.

1) Why does the hybrid info display on the dash disappear when in cruise control? I'd like to see that info even if I have little control over what it's doing.

2) Do you folks with the nav screen have a display that shows the tire pressures? I have a 2012 Camry that shows the pressures in all 4 tires on the screen. It's very accurate and useful to check every now and then. I miss it in the CT200.

BTW, Now that the weather's warmed up, I'm getting right around 50 mpg on my mostly highway commute. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine is a 2012 with Nav and it doesn't show the tire pressures, my HS250 did though, not sure why the CT doesn't.
I agree with the display during cruise, why no tach either? You can get your display to come back if you push the display button on the wheel.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Mine is a 2012 with Nav and it doesn't show the tire pressures, my HS250 did though, not sure why the CT doesn't.
I agree with the display during cruise, why no tach either? You can get your display to come back if you push the display button on the wheel.
The fact that the tach goes away in cruise bothers me to no end. I can't figure out why Lexus blanks that out when in cruise control. Does anyone have a logical idea why Lexus does this?

·
Registered
990 Posts
The fact that the tach goes away in cruise bothers me to no end. I can't figure out why Lexus blanks that out when in cruise control. Does anyone have a logical idea why Lexus does this?
I'm sick of you mentioning this all the time. Good god man! Lol

Yeah because everyone wants to look at their tachometer when they are in cruise control??? Ok?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm sick of you mentioning this all the time. Good god man! Lol

Yeah because everyone wants to look at their tachometer when they are in cruise control??? Ok?

LOL Thanks for pointing out my redundancy -- I think it's subtle cry for help, My95tsi. :)

However, no one has ever answered this burning question. So, what is the logical reason why the tachometer disappears when in cruise control? Or, why does the elapse time meter reset itself every time you start the car? Some owners don't care one way or the other, while some of us do care. Inquiring minds want to know the psyche behind the Lexus software programmers, engineers and corporate heads in their infinite wisdom to consciously do this. They must be protecting us from this knowledge for some important reason. I wonder what deep dark secret it is? ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KCpartsguy says the display can be recovered by pushing the display button on the wheel. I haven't had a chance to try that yet, but it's still frustrating to have to do that. The only reason I can see for the hybrid info display turning off in cruise is that the cruise indicator is in the same display so maybe it can't do both???
The Camry has a similar hybrid system display behind the steering wheel and it keeps working with cruise control on, but then the Camry has a separate indicator light elsewhere on the dash for the cruise indicator. I wouldn't have expected the Toyota to be set up better than the Lexus. How much dash space does a little cruise indicator light take?
I know it seems to be a minor thing, but this is a hybrid and a lot of people have an interest in knowing how the system is working while they're underway, especially for fuel mileage.

·
Registered
107 Posts
OP, i'm with you on this matter.

There are certain things that are STANDARD in say the 2012 camry that just doesn't come with the CT, even when fully packaged out! I am a bit disappointed but it is what it is. I'm sure the next iterations will improve. We just got left with the guinea pig(s).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, we have the "cheap" Lexus. Never mind it can push $40 grand, Lexus is going to make sure we don't forget we're driving the lower end car in their lineup.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't know about all the models but I was driving a new RX350 the other day and the display went blank on it once the cruise was set as well.

·
Registered
635 Posts
There are certain things that are STANDARD in say the 2012 camry that just doesn't come with the CT
Ya, the CT is a nice car, but as far as tech goes, you really do get much more tech built into a standard Prius or Camry then you do a standard CT. If you want the tech you have to pay extra for all kinds of options, whereas you get the same thing for free on the cheaper Toyota models. :confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
My opinions, since you seem to want them (I don't know anything special from Lexus, but you can be sure they won't tell you, nor will they really care about anyone's opinion, in my experience)

Tach: they turn off the reach because they want you to see how you continually go out of the eco mode with cruise control on. This is to warn you that your mpg will be lower that you probably expect and to not complain about it. Maybe you can explain to me why the tach us useful at all on a pseudo-cvt transmission... I turn on the cruise in sport mode, but never engage it, so I can dismiss the silly thing.

As for the elapsed time... We'll, that's stupid. I mean, they don't reset the trip odometer each time the car starts, right? Let me zero it when I want. Same logic. They didn't use logic. However.

Again, for somebody who was been waiting since the 1990s for Lexus to get a really good nav system, don't hold your breath for them to care about your nits.

Cherio...

·
Registered
47 Posts
We have a 2009 Toyota Highlander that can display the tire pressures from the TPMS system. Why can't Lexus do this, even on non-NAV models? There's an info display that could do this even if it requires a few button pushes. For a company whose motto is "The Passionate Pursuit Of Perfection", they sure seem to miss some of the easy things.

Another thing that bugs me is the useless (for me) sunglasses holder. My sport glasses have a slight curve to them and they don't fit. It's not deep enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts