Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving in snow last week in Vermont I decided the stock tires are not adequate for winters here in New England.

I bought a set of 17" Moda MD12 rims with Bridgestone Blizzaks mounted.

The rims only weigh 20 pounds each !!!

I purchased the rims and tires from Tire Rack (great to do business with). I ordered them online Wednesday night around 8 pm.

They arrived this afternoon Friday !!! (shipped from Delaware to Connecticut).

Here are some pics

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
8" of snow today - couldn't have been better timing than mounting the new rims and tires yesterday.

Drove around in the white stuff without any problems - Blizzaks provide great traction in the white stuff

·
Registered
134 Posts
Audi4t, did you need any spacers or is the fit the same as OEM? Did you use your stock lug nuts? Great job on the timing given the weekend storm! My wife complained after driving in the snow on Friday. Did you notice a material change with the Blizzaks?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huge difference with Blizzaks - much more confidence, way better handling and traction on snow covered roads. No spacers needed. Tire Rack provide lug nuts and socket wrench that fit the rim all included in price.Total package was about $1160 including tax and shipping to my house.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks good

wich model of blizzak you took? there is 2 model on tirerack!
I bought the lower cost WS70's - don't need the higher performance / speed rating on the Ct

·
Registered
371 Posts
We've finally gotten snow in Minnesota and I can honestly say that Blizzaks (WS70) are great tires in the snow. They really dig in and get you going... they stop you much better as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.