Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lexus wants almost 300$ for the 16k km service. Looking at it, it's really expensive considering the only materials are the oil and filter change. Everything else is inspect belts, turn signals, wipers, etc and and rotation of tires. I'm considering, from next most expensive to least: going to a local Toyota dealer, a Mr/Lube/Canadian Tire, or just doing it myself. Any recommendations? And synthetic or conventional?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am almost at the 16K Km service interval as well. I was given a free lifetime tire and rim warranty when I purchased my CT and I just got an email from the company that supports this warranty. It states that in order to keep the warrany valid I must get a tire inspection/rotation every year. It is free though, so I was going to do this at the same time as the 16K Km service but that means I would be paying $300 for an oil change and some "visual/audible" inspections! Hmmmm

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's what justifies the premium Lexus coddling in the lounge while you wait for your car... haha.

I booked the oil change with Toyota this coming week. Around 75$ plus tax is what the service rep told me and I believe he said it was synthetic. I was fine with that as I still save over 200$. And in the extreme chance something were to go wrong with the powertrain, Lexus will have a tough time saying anything as I went to the parent company who services the identical powertrain via the Prius.

·
Registered
232 Posts
will there be additional checks for our Lexus? i know, engine wise its exactly the same as the prii.

Maybe there will be addition, Lexus only checks?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have had a Lexus for over twelve years now and they have all been serviced according to the Lexus Service Schedule at my Lexus dealer. I drop off my car, get to talk to the service manager, look at what's new in the showroom and accessory case, and drive off in a loaner car. At the end of the day, I get a detailed explanation of the invoice, a Lexus stamped service book, and a washed car properly serviced including any Lexus service updates. From go to whoa it's all "Yes sir, no problems sir, have a nice day, sir". On the very few occasions I have wanted any help or advice between services, nothing has been too much trouble and there has never been any charge. I have never had better car service in my life, including from other prestige car dealers. Lexus dealer service works for me!

·
Registered
609 Posts
My 5k miles and 10k miles services are both free. I asked how much would it cost for the next 2 (15k and 20k). He said $120 for the 15k and $220 for the 20k service. I guess the extra $100 is for the oil change.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So got it done today at the local Toyota dealer. 0W20 synthetic oil and filter change, PLUS, to my surprise, tire rotation, all for only 75$ tax in.

Very pleased indeed. Sure, the waiting room was typical garage terrible (it's an older dealer in all fairness) and no caffeine and WiFi to stay awake and catch up on work, but took only 40 mins, they still offered a shuttle, so all in all I'd go back again to save 225$ +.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When we whent to test drive the CT.My first question was servicing.I was very pleased I given 3 years or 45 000km free servicing.That swaded ous to by as well.After that time we would have traded up to a new car.
All so Lexus Australia will pick up your car from home or work.Or you can drop of and given a loan car.Can noy arsk for more.Lexus brand is all about service.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So got it done today at the local Toyota dealer. 0W20 synthetic oil and filter change, PLUS, to my surprise, tire rotation, all for only 75$ tax in.

Very pleased indeed. Sure, the waiting room was typical garage terrible (it's an older dealer in all fairness) and no caffeine and WiFi to stay awake and catch up on work, but took only 40 mins, they still offered a shuttle, so all in all I'd go back again to save 225$ +.
16000 km service @ Regency Lexus (Vancouver BC) $280 tax in.
Not sure why it is more expensive than Toronto....:(

I will try Toyota next time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my CT200 from Open Road Lexus and was told that the 16K service would cost $500 plus cabin filter if needed. Seems like there isn't uniformed pricing from Lexus on servicing! Anyone has other experience?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Some (many) Lexus dealers think they can ask for the sky. They can get it from my next door neighbor, who is loaded and figures since she has a Lexus she needs to pay a premium for service, but I am tired of it and I will either be doing it myself or taking it to an independent garage that I got from Click and Clack. Honest, reliable and reasonable. For warranty work, I will take it to the dealer. Just keep your receipts to prove that you did, in fact, do the required service at the required time.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I bought the Castro synthetic oil & oil filter from Walmart for about $30 and my Mechanic charged me $15 for labor only.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts