Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a high mileage (84k miles) Tungsten Pearl `12 Premium yesterday.

The purchase was the result of a totaled `11 Insight EX (which I will always miss, I loved that car).

Cost was higher than I wanted, a hair under $17k but it has a lot of options and I figure I can take it into 300k mile territory.

Plus it looks almost mint inside and out, like 95% to being new off the floor. Even the engine bay.

It came with:

Leather (nice white + black on the seats / doors)
NAV + backup camera,
Adaptive cruise control,
Collision mitigation system,
Garage door transmitter,
Auto dimming rear view mirror,
Upgraded audio system + CD changer,
Rain sensing wipers.

Not sure if I forgot something. Probably did.

It was a one owner car owned by a Lexus executive who spent time stateside opening a plant in Kentucky, it was classified as a Lexus fleet automobile.

High miles ... but with the options the MSRP was $39k. I'm alright with what I've paid and it had impeccable service history.

I did purchase it from a Lexus dealer and picked up the tire/rim + small dent (or whatever it's called) warranty package for 5 years.

As I said I had a '11 Insight EX and the only thing that ever went wrong over 180k miles that wasn't user-error was that the gas cap strap broke ... that's it. I hope to have a similar experience with the CT200h.

I can't wait until good weather comes so I can begin putting layers of Zaino on. Nothing quite like the sensation of watching a towel thrown on the hood and it slides off with zero resistance. Those of you who detail know what I'm talking about. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on a great price. And from the dealer too. And the white leather. :)

We managed to score a similar deal here in Aus, from the one and only dealer in town. I'm still trying to work out why it was so cheap.
('11, 120k klms, 42% of new RRP, only a smidge off immaculate)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man. Sounds like you got a killer deal. I still don't like having to actually pay what I did for the ride but I'm better off compared to the Insight originally and there's really no comparison, aside from driving feedback, the ct200h is pretty much better in every category. Just hope the reliability is there, but the innards are pretty much time tested -- so.

I wouldn't actually mind another Insight at some point as an extra car. It truly was pretty phenomenal as far as never having to worry about anything and was easy to work on.

And yes I love the leather. ;) and funny enough, the garage door transmitter so I don't need to keep the regular one over the visor.

The seats, they're so comfortable. And while the ct200h isn't an LS by any stretch of the imagination, sound isolation is a lot more than in the Insight.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You got a great deal. Congrats and enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts