Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just scheduled my 10k maintenance but the lady on the phone was telling me that it is free for cars purchased new. Does this mean they're going to stick me with a bill when I show up? If that's the case, I'll change the oil myself. Just wanted to hear feedback from any other members that may have had their 10k mile service done on a vehicle that was purchased used. Thanks!

Also, 1 more note, it has been over 12 months since the original purchase date. Does this mean I don't qualify for the free 10k anyways? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
108 Posts
If the dealer told you the 10k (1st service) is free why do you think you would be stick with a bill? If you had doubt then you should have asked her if she was serious! My 1st service was free which was consisted of oil and filter change and tires rotation. When you go there ask again before signing the work order.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If the dealer told you the 10k (1st service) is free why do you think you would be stick with a bill? If you had doubt then you should have asked her if she was serious! My 1st service was free which was consisted of oil and filter change and tires rotation. When you go there ask again before signing the work order.
Seems like this person bought the CT used. Wondering if 10k service is transferred with the car or only to original owner. That's the way I read it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems like this person bought the care used. Wondering if 10k service is transferred with the car or only to original owner. That's the way I read it.
Yes, that is the question. They would not answer my question and said that the tech will have to run the VIN when I get there. If someone happen to know the answer then I can save a trip or save some worries. Either way, it would be great if anyone happens to know the answer. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Yes, that is the question. They would not answer my question and said that the tech will have to run the VIN when I get there. If someone happen to know the answer then I can save a trip or save some worries. Either way, it would be great if anyone happens to know the answer. Thanks.
Good odds that you are not going to get free 10K service.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The 10k service is paid to the dealer by Lexus. Why would they (Lexus) care if it was the original owner or not. Have them run the VIN when you get there, that is the only answer that will matter. I think you have a shot, but if you don't ask, then you have no chance.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Makes sense. Why do they (Lexus) care if the car was bought new or used?
I didn't think they would. Just that the person who was scheduling me gave me attitude. Said I had to take it in and have them check my VIN to see if I qualify and she kept saying that the 10k service was for cars bought new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts