Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there - I was wondering if I could get some advice on some services that I am debating for my CT. My car just passed 100k miles, and is due for an oil check so I plan to take care of that soon. Since I will already have my car in for service, I thought it would make sense to possibly take care of some of the recommended maintenance items on the official Lexus guide. My brakes and tires right now are ok, but there are a few things that I have been debating: changing the CVT fluid and the inverter coolant. For both of these items, I have read contradictory opinions online about changing them. For the CVT fluid, some people say that it should be changed around 100-120k miles, and others say it should last the life of the car with this type of transmission. Same thing for inverter fluid.

I know it'll probably be pricey to do, but I don't have too much of an issue changing both of these if it is is necessary and will prolong the life of my car. What I don't want is address unneeded maintenance items.

Does anyone have experience with either of these and will be able to offer a recommendation?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there - I was wondering if I could get some advice on some services that I am debating for my CT. My car just passed 100k miles, and is due for an oil check so I plan to take care of that soon. Since I will already have my car in for service, I thought it would make sense to possibly take care of some of the recommended maintenance items on the official Lexus guide. My brakes and tires right now are ok, but there are a few things that I have been debating: changing the CVT fluid and the inverter coolant. For both of these items, I have read contradictory opinions online about changing them. For the CVT fluid, some people say that it should be changed around 100-120k miles, and others say it should last the life of the car with this type of transmission. Same thing for inverter fluid.

I know it'll probably be pricey to do, but I don't have too much of an issue changing both of these if it is is necessary and will prolong the life of my car. What I don't want is address unneeded maintenance items.

Does anyone have experience with either of these and will be able to offer a recommendation?
I would certainly change the CVT fluid. I did mine around 80k and was brownish. Coolant both CVT and engine should be done too. Brake fluid yes. The cleaning/replacement of the EGR. Many comments on the latter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you don't drive your car hard then you could likely get away with not changing the CVT fluid but I would still change it for piece of mind.

After reading up on the known issues with this car, I would suggest doing the following at 100k miles:

-Clean/replace EGR system, intake manifold and PCV, clean the throttlebody
-Replace water pump and inverter pump along with new coolant
-Replace thermostat
-Check spark plugs if you've noticed a drop in MPG

^Doing these will be a good preventative maintenance for any possible head gasket issues later down the road

Also:
-change engine oil
-change brake fluid
-rotate tires

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you don't drive your car hard then you could likely get away with not changing the CVT fluid but I would still change it for piece of mind.

After reading up on the known issues with this car, I would suggest doing the following at 100k miles:

-Clean/replace EGR system, intake manifold and PCV, clean the throttlebody
-Replace water pump and inverter pump along with new coolant
-Replace thermostat
-Check spark plugs if you've noticed a drop in MPG

^Doing these will be a good preventative maintenance for any possible head gasket issues later down the road

Also:
-change engine oil
-change brake fluid
-rotate tires
do you know what to expect to pay to replace the EGR or any of these other items?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't forget to clean the Vent grill for the batteries, next to the passenger rear door. at around 90k or sooner, mechanics also recommend to clean the white air fan-motor next to the battery on the rear. some Prius even come with a filter you can place behind the grill...(also needs cleaning to preserve the battery life)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts