Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
160 Posts
Hi, Nadeem.

To reply to your quote and concerns, here in North America the Lexus CT 200h is the furthest thing you can imagine to a BMW 1-Series competitor, given that we only get 128i and 135i coupe and convertible variants powered by 6-cylinder gasoline engines. In Europe, however, you can get the BMW 1-Series in 3 and 5-door hatchback body styles that are shorter than the ones we get here, and they can be powered by an assortment of 4-cylinder gasoline and diesel engines (plus, I believe, a 6-cylinder diesel). Those are the BMW models the Lexus CT is up against in other markets.

As for the lack of power in the CT 200h, powertrain tweaks (and, maybe, a slightly better power-to-weight ratio) supposedly makes it feel peppier than the Prius. Also, for us power-hungry enthusiasts, don't forget that Lexus also registered the CT 300h and CT 400h trademarks, as I reported here just over a year ago: Lexus' "C-Premium" upmarket small car gets a name: CT 200h... - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.