Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys first time on here and only because I am running into problems with my wifes 2013 CT200h. Anybody out there have a link to an engine swap on this vehicle? Really need to do some research and see what I am getting myself into with working on a Hybrid so the "stealership" doesn't get me. I am a mechanic but Helicopters are a little different :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
Has been done on the Prius forum many times by owners. Apparently it drops out the bottom as a unit with gearbox etc.
What’s wrong with the CT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just got an engine swap in my 2011 because my engine blew up which seems like from mfg defects.
The shop swapped it with a motor from LKQ that had like 60K miles on it.
They put the engine in through the top because that is how they were setup (their lift is the kind that does not have enough clearance on the bottom), but it is easier to go from the bottom. They told me they did not have to touch the hybrid parts at all and that it was an easy swap (still took an entire day for their hours). It was no different for them than just swapping an engine in a corolla.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I gotta look into a swap, bad head gasket caused water to get in. Blew a hole through the back of my engine, threw a rod I think. :'(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts