Tyre size 225/50 r17
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tyre size 225/50 r17

Tyre size 225/50 r17

Hello friends!

I am planning to upsize the stock tyres from 215/45/17 to 225/50/17 for extra clearance and smoother ride.
    I wonder if I would encounter any rubbing issues since they are quite bigger than the original tyres.
    CT 200H 2015

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kalin777 View Post
    tyres from 215/45/17 to 225/50/17
    It's a great move. I did it to get my speedo spot on and to fill those expansive wheel arches a bit more.
    The extra comfort was a welcome bonus, as is the front spoiler clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by kalin777 View Post
    I wonder if I would encounter any rubbing issues
    Non at all. Though I haven't got it airborne yet... (nor intend to).

Get some LRR tyres though if fuel use is of any interest. The extra rolling diameter will tend to burn more fuel. With LRR tyres, my reported ltr/km is up about 0.15 (5.2 to 5.3-5.4, 3%) but the speedo has gone up about 5% (100kph reading was 95kph on Satnav, now 100kph =100kph)

Thank you Daveing!

My biggest concern is rubbing especialy when the car is full of passengers and luggage.
    The tyres I am planning to install are Michelin Crossclimate + (allseason). They are rated at fuel efficiency index C.

I know that the speedo tends to show less speed than actual, so increasing the tyre diameter will most certainly rectify the issue.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by daveing View Post
    The extra comfort was a welcome bonus, as is the front spoiler clearance.

Did if really make a noticeable improvement?
    Mine 2013 ES300h Satin Cashmere Metallic, Navi, HID Headlamps, Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross Traffic Alert..
    Wife's 2012 CT200h, White, Nav, Premium Audio, LED Headlamps, Leather Pkg w/Driver Memory Seat..

I switched to Hancook Kinergy ST 215/55 17, my speedo is almost Spot-on to all radar posts and gps.. it's a multi-compound tire so, it's almost silent and very comfortable compared to the junk mxm4 tires it came with

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG65 View Post
    I switched to Hancook Kinergy ST 215/55 17, my speedo is almost Spot-on to all radar posts and gps.. it's a multi-compound tire so, it's almost silent and very comfortable compared to the junk mxm4 tires it came with

Did you take much of a hit on the MPG?
    Mine 2013 ES300h Satin Cashmere Metallic, Navi, HID Headlamps, Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross Traffic Alert..
    Wife's 2012 CT200h, White, Nav, Premium Audio, LED Headlamps, Leather Pkg w/Driver Memory Seat..

Quote Originally Posted by gamma742 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG65 View Post

Did you take much of a hit on the MPG?
    47.3mpg on the dash right now at 33psi
    Normal driving in Normal mode

Everything around us is 50mph, countryside with some Stuupid hit the brakes red lights, they like Look for me coming every time..

Had 52.3 in traffic doing some city driving so..

The biggest notice- comfort.. and silence..
    No More "hang on honey here comes a crack in the pavement" and No More wirling wine of Michelin junk..

The st735 is a computer generated sound cancellation tread pattern.. This is good..

We will Never, use another tire, ever again..

I've had 4 bad-injection mold Goodyears before on One car, done with them. Had walfart trash that lasts Hopefully just 2 summers. Had Dunlops, nice expensive and road noise. Michelin mxm4 is just too darn hard of a tire.. Junk and Loud road noise.. I am an old grandpa- been around the block a few times..

I don't care what car i have, it will have Hancook Kynergy st735 worth every penny.. And.... It's a 70,000 mile tire
    Last edited by MichaelG65; 10-10-2019 at 10:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now