looking to buy a 2012 CT f-sport, will I feel every bump in the road?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: looking to buy a 2012 CT f-sport, will I feel every bump in the road?

looking to buy a 2012 CT f-sport, will I feel every bump in the road?

So I am looking to get a 2012 F sport. It looks nice but I hear many people complaining that they feel the road to much. When they go over pot holes, the whole car shakes. I live in NY/Long Island so there are pot holes.

I heard that changing the tires helps but can I do this on a f sport?

is there ANYTHING that can be done to make the ride more smooth? changing the suspension? or is it impossible?

also, I heard various reports that breaking is lagged and could be a death trap.

this scares me as I dont know how the CT will preform in the snow. I picture it being stuck alot and not having the power to pull out of plowed streets

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Test drive one. I actually test drove an Fsport & a non Fsport & I liked the ride/ comfort of the nonF better. Its actually a very comfortable ride with great handling too. I focus more on "comfortable commute" vs "tight fast cornering".

Braking is a lil different feel to it, but not a death trap lol. Between the hybrid motor, cvt transmission, regenerative braking, & battery fan you have to just embrace the fact that this car feels & sounds a lil different, but not necessarily bad.

The F version has a tighter and more jittery ride, due to shock and spring rates and the tire sidewall height.

Some might feel that the regular version of the car is more comfortable. This is a "handling package" on a conservatively powered car. The F Sport package doesn't add torque or horsepower... it's suspension pieces, and interior/exterior design pieces.

No experience with snow traction on this car, but tire tread and compound is supposedly the biggest factor ... not power (which will just spin the tires, if they are not making contact) and not even all wheel drive. It's all about snow tires and weight over the driving wheels.

There is no braking lag but brakes do have a different feel... the car's systems are deciding based on how hard you press the pedal how much braking energy recovery to use (putting deceleration energy back into the battery) and how much friction brake to come in with. Again the tires are a big factor on how quickly the car will stop. Don't skimp on tires on any car...
    Last edited by whitmanrf; Today at 01:38 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I must agree with everyone about the differences in F sport and Non F sport. Living in Chicago, I prefer a more comfortable ride because of the bumps and potholes. Plus I prefer the caramel or Ecru interior. Engine/Powertrain are identical between F sport and Non F sport. The difference are cosmetic and a tuned suspension. I purchased a 2012 CT200h Premium w/ Nav in white and Ercu interior. And added the OEM F sport trident rims, OEM F sport mesh upper and lower grill, OEM aluminum pedals, OEM illuminated door sills, OEM bamboo dash panel, and upgrading headlights and interior lights to LED. The only thing missing is the F sport badge steering and tuned suspension. But I prefer a less stiff and a more comfortable suspension plus I can always add the Blue F sport springs/sway bar down the line.

As for the snow, I'll find out this winter. I know that it may be difficult with 6 or more inches of snow because these cars are low centered
    Last edited by rbarruti; Today at 08:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)