chrome wheels pitted air leak warranty issue
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: chrome wheels pitted air leak warranty issue

chrome wheels pitted air leak warranty issue

Hi, I was told by me dealership my chrome wheels are not under warranty for air leaking due to them being pitted. I just bought this "lexus Certified" ct200h 2013 2 1/2 months ago. Anyone have experience on how to resolve this with the dealership . Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

It should come under the used car warranty it came with. Wheels is always a sensitive area with dealers/warranty.
    I'd demand they be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your response, the dealership ground the edges of the rims and used a sealer to inside the tire to stop the leaking, does anyone know if this is a short term solution and the rims will need to be replaced at some time anyway, they have offered to re-chrome them if it starts again. I guess that's the best I can ask for... any comments

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I've now had five tires replaced, along with a handful of wheels. I just now dropped off the car for what I'm pretty sure will be #6. A couple of times, they'e tried the "ground the edges, seal the tire" approach, but last time, as on some previous occasions, they replaced the wheel and the tire.

The annoying thing is that their "chrome guy" comes once a week, on Fridays. So I dropped the car off just now on Monday. I'll wait until Friday for the "chrome guy" to take a look. If he needs to actually DO anything, he'll take my wheel away, and come back NEXT Friday at the earliest -- so I'm looking at close to 2 weeks without my car.

And I really LIKE my CT 200h....or at least I did when the wheel/tire incidents were further apart. The last time was only a couple of months ago, and I'm not a happy camper. And I really REALLY DON'T like the loaner (an RX, which is frankly a pig, imo -- not at all as nimble and cozy as my little CT!).

Mooost of the time, I haven't had to pay for the replacement tires, but you know what, sometimes I have. Yeah, I try to fight it, but what's my leverage? None. I'm too tired to sue anybody so no use in even making that bluff. I can't imagine they'll care about what I write on Yelp or whatever, or here in the forum, since Lexus is done selling this model in the US.

So I'll pop back in to let y'all know how this turns out, but I'm now looking for my next car, and it ain't a Lexus. A shame, because I really loved this little guy before I started hating it....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)