Swapping from F Sport springs to stock springs
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swapping from F Sport springs to stock springs

Swapping from F Sport springs to stock springs

Hello, I'm looking to swap the springs on my CT200h from the factory F-sport springs to the standard springs. The reason being is that my wife is driving the car more now and is looking for a bit better ride. I'm comfortable doing the work myself as I've completed this task on many other cars. My question is what all is required from a parts perspective. Can I just swap the springs or will I be needing new mounts/spacers for the springs to set in? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

All you should need is the new springs. You will definitely want to rent a set of spring compressors though.

2012 CT 200H|Premium Audio|Leather Pkg|Remote Start|F-Sport Grille|4300K DDM headlights|2500K Halo Solaris Yellow fogs
    2016 RAV4 SE S-Code

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Hunter 117 View Post
    Hello, I'm looking to swap the springs on my CT200h from the factory F-sport springs to the standard springs. The reason being is that my wife is driving the car more now and is looking for a bit better ride. I'm comfortable doing the work myself as I've completed this task on many other cars. My question is what all is required from a parts perspective. Can I just swap the springs or will I be needing new mounts/spacers for the springs to set in? Thanks in advance.
    Are the factory f sport springs lower than the non f sport?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by burstaneurysm View Post
    All you should need is the new springs. You will definitely want to rent a set of spring compressors though.
    Agree... This work without a set of spring compressors have sent a few to hospital... so please be careful, safety first

The fsport springs sit about an 1" lower than the standard springs. It makes for nice handling but without being able to defeat the esc you can never reach the limits anyways.

I have a full set of tools including spring compressors so I will be completing the job safely. I know with other cars there have been some different pieces required to swap springs, not just a simple swap. It sounds like this should be pretty straight forward however.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Hunter 117 View Post
    The fsport springs sit about an 1" lower than the standard springs. It makes for nice handling but without being able to defeat the esc you can never reach the limits anyways.

I have a full set of tools including spring compressors so I will be completing the job safely. I know with other cars there have been some different pieces required to swap springs, not just a simple swap. It sounds like this should be pretty straight forward however.
    Did you already purchase the non f sport springs?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)