Installed new strut bars. - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Installed new strut bars.

Quote Originally Posted by V12eatr View Post
    Only had the car for a week. Less then 600 miles. And led fogs are done and led interior bulbs. And tonight just finished installing my front and rear top mount strut bars. It was a pain for the front. Had to remove the entire wiper blade arms, the wiper bade compressor all the plastic the brake fluid and more. But truly handles nice now. The factory front was flimsy and gas powered. I was able to keep the factory inorder to reuse the pre cut outs for the lines for the windshield heater and few accessories wires.
    This picture is stock.
    Thanks for the DIY, installed my Ultra Strut Bar today

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Anytime

I'm not against it but considering we don't exactly have race cars, what would the benefits be? I know "better" handling was mentioned, but wouldn't the added stiffness mean harsher ride quality?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

A strut bar like this isn't really going to be noticeable in a straight line, you'll gain some benefit in the corners.

It's not going to degrade the ride quality in any discernible way.
    2012 CT 200H|Premium Audio|Leather Pkg|Remote Start|F-Sport Grille|4300K DDM headlights|2500K Halo Solaris Yellow fogs
    2016 RAV4 SE S-Code

will it fix the rattling noise under the windshield? lol

2013 CT200h - premium package - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by burstaneurysm View Post
    A strut bar like this isn't really going to be noticeable in a straight line, you'll gain some benefit in the corners.

It's not going to degrade the ride quality in any discernible way.
    exactly. It rides great. Handles way better in a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
    I'm not against it but considering we don't exactly have race cars, what would the benefits be? I know "better" handling was mentioned, but wouldn't the added stiffness mean harsher ride quality?
    Ride quality remains the same. Great for a daily driver. But handles way better. Check my race car out on Instagram #V12eatr

Quote Originally Posted by chroma23 View Post
    will it fix the rattling noise under the windshield? lol
    ?? No idea what your talking about. I've had no rattling sound from there.

Quote Originally Posted by V12eatr View Post
    Only had the car for a week. Less then 600 miles. And led fogs are done and led interior bulbs. And tonight just finished installing my front and rear top mount strut bars. It was a pain for the front. Had to remove the entire wiper blade arms, the wiper bade compressor all the plastic the brake fluid and more. But truly handles nice now. The factory front was flimsy and gas powered. I was able to keep the factory inorder to reuse the pre cut outs for the lines for the windshield heater and few accessories wires.
    This picture is stock.
    Do you the steps to remove all those out of the way? I am ordering one of these for my car. Any help is appreciated

No I don't sorry. It's straight forward. Follow the plastic pop out plugs and bolts. You will have to remove the wiper blade motor.

Without body stiffeners like the bar they installed, the body ends up flexing when you turn. This ends up feeling like the car is not that nimble, or that it isn't solid as you might expect. Strut and shock tower braces are very easy ways to keep the body from flexing side to side, and makes the car feel like one solid piece of metal, and makes it seems more "telepathic" when cornering, because it seems to respond quicker to turn-ins.

Great DIY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)