Blizzak LM32 VR vs Hankook Icept W310
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blizzak LM32 VR vs Hankook Icept W310

Blizzak LM32 VR vs Hankook Icept W310

Hello - I was pricing getting the Blizzak on my car and the salesman quoted me for the LM32 VR at $817.92 installed. He recommended the Hankook Icept W310 $656.80 installed as a better performing and handling tire though. I asked for the Blizzak because it is discussed so highly on this site and seems to have good consumer reviews. When I looked up consumer reviews of the Icept there were some luke warm reviews but it was for Evo not W130. Both LM 32 and W130 seem relatively new. Wondering if anyone on this forum has experience with Icept. Even though the Blizzak is more expensive I am thinking I will go with those because many here seem to speak highly of them and I am concerned about driving performance in the snow this winter given my long commute. But I pause given the salesman's comment that the Icept performed better. Also Lexus dealer was recommending Michelin winter tires because stock tires are Michelin. Appreciate any feedback

Last edited by hagerstown2014; 11-03-2013 at 05:49 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I'm not sure of the Icepts as they seem fairly new. I had Hankook Icebears on my Evo and they were amazing! Far cheaper than Blizzaks which are overpriced IMO.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Oops, what a typo. I didn't mean to type inept in the title. Can't seem to modify

And thanks for feedback. I will keep considering

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I'm planning to get the Icept 310s, in 205/50/17 (a little narrower than stock; better in the snow). Apparently they got good reviews from Consumer Reports. $120/ea from Discount Tire Direct.

Thanks for feedback. I didn't see either of them on Consumer Reports.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hagerstown2014 View Post
    Hello - I was pricing getting the Blizzak on my car and the salesman quoted me for the LM32 VR at $817.92 installed. He recommended the Hankook Icept W310 $656.80 installed as a better performing and handling tire though. I asked for the Blizzak because it is discussed so highly on this site and seems to have good consumer reviews. When I looked up consumer reviews of the Icept there were some luke warm reviews but it was for Evo not W130. Both LM 32 and W130 seem relatively new. Wondering if anyone on this forum has experience with Icept. Even though the Blizzak is more expensive I am thinking I will go with those because many here seem to speak highly of them and I am concerned about driving performance in the snow this winter given my long commute. But I pause given the salesman's comment that the Icept performed better. Also Lexus dealer was recommending Michelin winter tires because stock tires are Michelin. Appreciate any feedback
    This would be an easy decision for me....without a doubt it would be the Blizzaks. The Hankook icept is more like an all season tire than a dedicated winter/snow tire. So, if you want to go in the snow...go with the Blizzaks or the Michelin X-Ice 3 (I run these). Also, do you know that the icept W310 is going to be phased out soon ?

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Br...izzak-LM32.htm
    Last edited by viper1; 11-08-2013 at 08:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)