Stock 17" michelin tires- how many miles? - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock 17" michelin tires- how many miles?

I drove with DWS's on 2 different vehicles, and IS250 awd and an IS350. I had the tires on both vehicles for 2 years of driving 30k a year. Overall the tires hold up well and offer overall decent performance in dry conditions and snow. The pros are their longevity, easily lasting to 50-60k. The downside is that they offer only decent performance in all driving conditions. They are not particularly good at anything. They are worst however in wet conditions and tend to slide easily in aggressive driving conditions when wet. They are best within the first 6 months and their performance in each condition noticeably drops after that. They are overall very quiet and never appear to get louder through time.

I thought about getting DWS's again for my CT but chose to go with Nitto Motivo's instead. So far I like them alittle more than the DWS's primarily due to their look and all around performance. They are not low rolling resistant tires like the DWS's but I went a step wider on stock wheels are barely notice a drop, seems to be about .5-1 mpg all around. Their dry performance is significantly better than the DWS's and wet appears to be only slightly better. I haven't tested them in the snow yet since I've only been on them for under 3 months. On my IS350 rwd the DWS's did well in Chicago winters. If the Motivo's offer equal performance in winter conditions I would recommend them to anyone over the DWS's. Not to mention the Motivo's offer a 60k warranty vs. the DWS's which have a 50k.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by my95tsi View Post
    I drove with DWS's on 2 different vehicles, and IS250 awd and an IS350. I had the tires on both vehicles for 2 years of driving 30k a year. Overall the tires hold up well and offer overall decent performance in dry conditions and snow. The pros are their longevity, easily lasting to 50-60k. The downside is that they offer only decent performance in all driving conditions. They are not particularly good at anything. They are worst however in wet conditions and tend to slide easily in aggressive driving conditions when wet. They are best within the first 6 months and their performance in each condition noticeably drops after that. They are overall very quiet and never appear to get louder through time.

I thought about getting DWS's again for my CT but chose to go with Nitto Motivo's instead. So far I like them alittle more than the DWS's primarily due to their look and all around performance. They are not low rolling resistant tires like the DWS's but I went a step wider on stock wheels are barely notice a drop, seems to be about .5-1 mpg all around. Their dry performance is significantly better than the DWS's and wet appears to be only slightly better. I haven't tested them in the snow yet since I've only been on them for under 3 months. On my IS350 rwd the DWS's did well in Chicago winters. If the Motivo's offer equal performance in winter conditions I would recommend them to anyone over the DWS's. Not to mention the Motivo's offer a 60k warranty vs. the DWS's which have a 50k.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    I had Conti DWS's on my G37x, and I found them to be a better winter tire than a summer tire. Most places have them classified as a high performance tire, but I wouldn't considered them any type of a performance tire ! However, they did seem to wear fairly well...I put about 25K on them and they still looked decent. Since I have Michelin X-Ice 3's for the winter, I might just give the Nitto's a try until the snow gets here.

Stock tires were replaced at 37xxx miles with 3-4/32nds remaining.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Had my 64,000km (40,0000 mi) service done back in July and the service report says my tires still have 6/32" or more tread on all 4. Mind you I've used winter tires. Also, my brake pads still had 7mm left on the front and 8mm left on the rears.
    2011 CT200h w/tech pkg. w/Navi (Cdn)-Fire Agate Pearl/black leather; sport pedals; sills; cargo mat; wallet key; 3M "chip guard" on hood, side sills, lower door and front part of roof; PIAA Xtreme White HB (H9); Hoen Xenonmatch Fogs (H11); Putco LED map, dome, vanity, hatch & license plate lights; Lexus LED fog lights; tinted windows (Llumar); Lexus car cover; Reflector sun shade; Rear bumper protector; Mud flaps; Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 snow tires, 3D front floor mats

1st set replaced at 52,xxx miles with same Michelin Primacy MXM4.....now I am at 92,xxx miles and will need replacing soon....anybody have any luck with 215/45-17 YOKOHAMA YK580????

I'm approaching 60K and still going.I do have new ones sitting in garage waiting. I can't believe someone already has 90K on a ct.

2011 Ct200h Premium - Starfire Pearl - HDD Navigation System -10-speaker Premium Sound System -(LED) headlamps -Illuminated door sills- Preferred accessory packages-Leather-Nano-ceramic tint- Nano clear on windshield - Clear Bra

I just did my 55k service and have 6/32 left on all 4 tires. These tires last forever! I will probably change them at 70k.

I have about 23,000 miles on my OEM Michelin tires. I have just recently noticed that the noise level has increased substantially. The tread seems to be fine, but now that I noticed the noise it is driving me crazy!

Has anyone else noticed a whine like a baby monster truck?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe166 View Post
    I have about 23,000 miles on my OEM Michelin tires. I have just recently noticed that the noise level has increased substantially. The tread seems to be fine, but now that I noticed the noise it is driving me crazy!

Has anyone else noticed a whine like a baby monster truck?
    Maybe one of your wheels is out of balance?

Quote Originally Posted by lostchild View Post
    Maybe one of your wheels is out of balance?
    It doesn't shake or shimmy, it just makes noise, but I will have it checked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)