Stock 17" michelin tires- how many miles? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock 17" michelin tires- how many miles?

To be honest if I knew how bad the stock tires are in terms of ride and comfort compared to the ones I have now I would have ditched them much sooner. The only downside to the tires I have now especially with the upsize is that I lost a consistent 1 mpg.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I'm now up to 56K and will be going in for an oil change and rotation.I'll know then how little life i have left.Hopefully can get to 60K

2011 Ct200h Premium - Starfire Pearl - HDD Navigation System -10-speaker Premium Sound System -(LED) headlamps -Illuminated door sills- Preferred accessory packages-Leather-Nano-ceramic tint- Nano clear on windshield - Clear Bra

Blog Entries
    I'm a very "proactive" tire guy rather than a reactive one. The most important safety feature between me and the pavement are my tires, and I don't wait for something to go wrong by trying to stretch the mileage on them. Regardless of the make/type of tire...I change them between 25k and 30K. Also, rolling resistance is no big deal in my estimation...I'd rather have a better performing tire than one that will save me $.10 cents in gas every 1,000 miles !
    Last edited by viper1; 08-14-2013 at 08:06 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by my95tsi View Post
    To be honest if I knew how bad the stock tires are in terms of ride and comfort compared to the ones I have now I would have ditched them much sooner. The only downside to the tires I have now especially with the upsize is that I lost a consistent 1 mpg.

What aftermarket tires are you running, and how do you like them ?? I'm getting close to changing my stocks...looking for recommendations ~

What aftermarket tires are you running and how do you like them ?? I'm getting close to changing my stock Michelins soon...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigleftyinaz View Post
    So, you are not using a low rolling resistance tire then ? Any particular reason?
    Good articles on rolling resistance: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=29
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=177

Tires are not cheap, i want to get my moneys worth . I dont plan on going bald with them. that would be stupid.

By what you say, I should get new tires by the
    50% mark . If that was the case tire manufactures would put the tread bars for that point in tire life . I don't like throwing money out the window

2011 Ct200h Premium - Starfire Pearl - HDD Navigation System -10-speaker Premium Sound System -(LED) headlamps -Illuminated door sills- Preferred accessory packages-Leather-Nano-ceramic tint- Nano clear on windshield - Clear Bra

50% is a little excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by my95tsi View Post
    50% is a little excessive.

Was only messing with him

Here is a good deal if you can pick them locally for $114 each OEM Michelin. https://www.onlinetires.com/products...4+87v+bsw.html
    2012 CT200h f-sport premium audio package, interior & exterior puddle LED, color matched door protector strips, front hood damper, SS door sill & rear scuff plates, aftermarket mudguards and Shark fin antenna, F-Sport shift knob. Led License plate light housing. All exterior led bulbs. 2015 F-sport front bumper.

I just reached 38k and changed all four tires with a new set of Continental Extreme DWS all season. My first impressions are real good with these tires. I'll wait a little longer after I drive more miles before I can give a good opinion.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....h&autoModClar=

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)