Tire info...
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tire info...

Blog Entries

Tire info...

Switched my "3 season" 215/45/17 stock Michelin Primacy's over to 205/55/16 Michelin X-ice 3's on steel rims. No problem with fit and function on the dry run (no ice/snow, yet). If I didn't know better I wouldn't be able to tell if they were snow tires or not based on the overall ride. In fact, although I didn't measure the decibels, the X-Ice 3's seemed even be a bit quieter. No sidewall squish that usually comes with most snow tires (added a few extra PSI's to help with that), and straight as an arrow on the highway. So far, very impressive...more to follow when the snow arrives.

Last edited by viper1; 11-24-2012 at 01:18 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Could you let us know what you did about the TPMS? Did you install new sensors or move them from the original set?
    thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnguy View Post
    Could you let us know what you did about the TPMS? Did you install new sensors or move them from the original set?
    thanks!
    I did not put TPMS's in the snows. Didn't want to break down the Primacy's with only 6,000 miles on the factory alloys, and IMO...not worth spending $300 to put new ones on the snows. I'm more of a traditionalist, I check my tires often with an old fashioned tire gauge. In addition, I've had (3) bad experiences with TPMS's...a false positive reading from a malfunctioning one, another sensor disengaged somehow creating a balance problem that was solved only after spending $$ when I finally found the cause of the imbalance, and had a big hassle to replace (2) broken ones when the tire shop butchered them changing tires.
    Last edited by viper1; 11-26-2012 at 05:27 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Do you have the specs for the steel rims you used?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ctFsport View Post
    Do you have the specs for the steel rims you used?
    Unique Series 83 Black Wheels 83-66527 - SummitRacing.com

Thank you. I bought discount tire direct's "guaranteed fit" steel wheels and they did not fit. I am returning them today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ctFsport View Post
    Thank you. I bought discount tire direct's "guaranteed fit" steel wheels and they did not fit. I am returning them today.
    Strange that the ones from Discount Tire didn't fit...that's actually where I got mine because they matched Summit's lower price and had free shipping. What was wrong with the fit ? Below site are the ones that I got from Discount Tire...are they the same as the ones you're returning? http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...1&wd=16&rw=6.5
    Last edited by viper1; 11-30-2012 at 09:51 AM.

viper1, did you have to add a hubcentric ring to snug the fit between the steel wheels and the hubs i.e. 72mm for the steelies vs. 54.1mm on the hubs?

Hi viper1, I am looking to buy these rims also (Unique Series 83 Black Wheels 83-66527 - SummitRacing.com). Are you 100% sure that they fit CT?

Thank you for reply.

VIPER: Discount Direct sent me slightly different rims than the ones you bought. I was told that the UNIQUE 83-66518 rims would fit. The difference between these and the ones you bought was that mine had 5-100/115 41B and yours was 4 16X6.5 5-100/110 41B.

My mechanic is the person who tried to put the rims on the car. He said they fit the back but not the front.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)