Nitto winter tire
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nitto winter tire

Blog Entries

Nitto winter tire

Just thinking ahead to my first winter with the CT200, and found a relatively inexpensive Nitto NT-SN2 that gets many excellent reviews. However, it only seems to be available on just one web site (TireBuyer.com), and it's not listed on the Nitto tire site. I spoke to a Nitto rep inquiring why they don't list it and he said that unless it's made available to "all" Nitto distributors/retailers...they don't list it on their site. Apparently, for unexplained reasons, supposedly they make this tire exclusivley for this one site. With all that said...does anyone have any experience with this particular winter tire ???? It doesn't come in the stock (U.S.) size 215/45/17, but there's a 205/50/17 that shouldn't be a fit/function concern. My other researched choice would be the Conti ExtremeWinterContact...opinions welcomed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

in my modest opinion, Conti extremeWinterContact is far superior than Nitto, which is a low cost no frill Chinese tire made in Guangzhou by a of division Toyo Tire & Rubber Company.

Blog Entries
    hookah66, thanks for the response. I've had other (performance) Nitto's in the past, and they weren't a bad-bang-for-your-buck tire. So, I was just curious how their snow tire would performed on the CT. There's a very strong positive consensus on the Conti ExtremeWinterContact, but I don't want anything overly mushy for dry handling and rolling resistance purposes. Michelin is coming out with a new winter version of the x-ice xi2...the x-ice xi3 this fall which would be perfect for what I'm looking for, but not in a CT size.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

You can't go wrong with this tire. I purchased my first set for a Chysler Van and my second set for a Ford Fiesta. One word... AWESOME! My wife will not drive a car in MA without them. On dry pavement they make a slight high pitch hum but no worries, you will be safe. By the way, we are getting a set in 205/50 16 for the Mini Cooper S and feel we have enough experience with the tire to recommend them highly. If you don't get those and do a lot of dry road driving, go with the General Articmax. I have had 2 sets of them and they have been on my Toyota Yaris for 15K miles year around and look like they are nearly new. The service center measured them at 9/32" front and back and they were 11/32" new. Get the Nittos
    Quote Originally Posted by viper1 View Post
    Just thinking ahead to my first winter with the CT200, and found a relatively inexpensive Nitto NT-SN2 that gets many excellent reviews. However, it only seems to be available on just one web site (TireBuyer.com), and it's not listed on the Nitto tire site. I spoke to a Nitto rep inquiring why they don't list it and he said that unless it's made available to "all" Nitto distributors/retailers...they don't list it on their site. Apparently, for unexplained reasons, supposedly they make this tire exclusivley for this one site. With all that said...does anyone have any experience with this particular winter tire ???? It doesn't come in the stock (U.S.) size 215/45/17, but there's a 205/50/17 that shouldn't be a fit/function concern. My other researched choice would be the Conti ExtremeWinterContact...opinions welcomed.

Hope this helps and is not too late in the season!

Cheers,

Neal
    Last edited by imafrank; 11-28-2012 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Duplicate

I thinks If you run these tires with the stock fronts you might have problems since they will be a different radius,.
    Last edited by Alexbait; 12-21-2013 at 05:23 AM.

FWIW, my dealer fitted a set of Hankook I*cept Evo W310s to my CT and they are better (ie quieter and more comfortable) than the stock Yokohama dBs in the current wet (not icy) winter we are having in northern England.
    Last edited by johnleigh; 01-11-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexbait View Post
    I thinks If you run these tires with the stock fronts you might have problems since they will be a different radius,.
    You thinks wrong. Our cars are fwd. If our cars were awd then that would be in issue.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)