Tanabe vs cusco vs bc r coilovers
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

Thread: Tanabe vs cusco vs bc r coilovers

Tanabe vs cusco vs bc r coilovers

anybody have any personal experiences with any of these? I want to go lower but still have a comfortable ride (close to stock if possible). I loved my road magnets but the ride here in NY is way toooo harsh and bumpy thanks to the potholes... by the way if anyone wants road magnet springs only 4 months old, Im selling mine, just message me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I can't speak personally on those coilovers on this car, but I have personal experience with them on other platforms.

Honestly, if you're OK with NOT label whoring parts, the BC coilovers are the best bang for buck for a street vehicle. They are actually the house brand of a major manufacturer. I currently am running these on my Hyundai Genesis Coupe and am extremely impressed.

Tanabe are good coils as well. Nothing bad to say about them... For the money though, personally I'd go BC.

Cusco is always badass. Problem with Cusco is they are based in Japan and their stuff is fairly expensive. If I were building a show vehicle, and/or went to the occasional track event, I would go with Cusco. Cusco def has the most "oh ****" factor.

Quote Originally Posted by danslides View Post
    I can't speak personally on those coilovers on this car, but I have personal experience with them on other platforms.

Honestly, if you're OK with NOT label whoring parts, the BC coilovers are the best bang for buck for a street vehicle. They are actually the house brand of a major manufacturer. I currently am running these on my Hyundai Genesis Coupe and am extremely impressed.

Tanabe are good coils as well. Nothing bad to say about them... For the money though, personally I'd go BC.

Cusco is always badass. Problem with Cusco is they are based in Japan and their stuff is fairly expensive. If I were building a show vehicle, and/or went to the occasional track event, I would go with Cusco. Cusco def has the most "oh ****" factor.
    judging by you first few posts, sounds like your car will be modded very similarly to mine i've used some very expensive coils on my last cars and i'd have to say the chinese bc coils aren't too shabby at all. i preferred them over the tanabes because it came with pillow ball upper mounts for the front shocks. also the rear shocks are threaded so you can adjust rear spring preload. tanabe offers neither.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Agreed. Totally prefer BC over tanabe. Never would have guessed I'd say that years ago. lol

it really depends what you want to do< do you plan to keep this setup for a longlong long time? if you want go pretty low but not expensive as airbags, then go coils. I myself have Tanaba and it rides honestly close to stock, of course when a bump comes along it hurts. But I plan to go airbags soon so I dont want to waste money on coils than more money after. So think wiselyabout what and where you want the car to go.
    1995 Toyota Supra
    1991 MR2 Turbo
    2002 Ap1 S2000
    2012 Lexus CT200H

looking for the best drop on springs..

Quote Originally Posted by danslides View Post

Tanabe is also based in Japan but they do have a US office. With Cusco I believe they have distributors?

I went with Tanabe. I'm pleased with my purchase. Very comfy and enjoyable ride. Didn't want taiwanese knock off bc racing on my car lmao. sorry, i'm a name whore kinda guy. They're pretty much the same price. Cusco was just a tad exp for this kind of car lol. My thoughts are the same for the Megan racing coilovers i see people get. i'm sure they're fine, but roots as an ebay company don't stick well with me. Then again, it's all just personal preference.
    2013 CT200h F-Sport in Ultra White
    ---------------------------------------------
    Tanabe Sustec Pro S-0C Coilovers
    Work Emotion CR Ultimates 17x7 +38 in Matte Bronze
    KICS 50mm Kyokugen Lug Nuts
    H&R Trak+ Spacers: 10mm F/15mm R
    TOMS Aero Kit (100% Authentic)
    Lexus F-Sport Sway Bar Kit, Shift Knob
    Lexus OEM Window Visors, Illuminated Door Sills, All Weather Floormats, Trunk Stuff
    BeatSonic FDA3 Sharkfin
    DDM Tuning HID Kits 4500k / Fogs 3000k
    HELLA Supertones
    A buncha cute Japanese/Korean Stuff

damn, now i wish i had cusco LOL. JDM Tanabe will have to do ;p
    2013 CT200h F-Sport in Ultra White
    ---------------------------------------------
    Tanabe Sustec Pro S-0C Coilovers
    Work Emotion CR Ultimates 17x7 +38 in Matte Bronze
    KICS 50mm Kyokugen Lug Nuts
    H&R Trak+ Spacers: 10mm F/15mm R
    TOMS Aero Kit (100% Authentic)
    Lexus F-Sport Sway Bar Kit, Shift Knob
    Lexus OEM Window Visors, Illuminated Door Sills, All Weather Floormats, Trunk Stuff
    BeatSonic FDA3 Sharkfin
    DDM Tuning HID Kits 4500k / Fogs 3000k
    HELLA Supertones
    A buncha cute Japanese/Korean Stuff

At least you realize it isn't about the price but the quality. The Japanese branded companies tend to produce quality product with a lesser rate of failure. Glad to see someone still believes in JDM goods. Lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)