Snow Tire Sizes - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Snow Tire Sizes

Any chance you could use 205/55R15 snows on the CT? Or is that way too small?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Both 205/55/15 or 195/60/15 fit

Quote Originally Posted by LeonLaiOnline View Post
    Both 205/55/15 or 195/60/15 fit
    Oh really? That's amazing! My wife has a practically new set from her current car that the lease is up. Thanks!
    Anyone have experience with this size on the CT?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I've posted this before in another thread, but if you use this tire size calculator and start with the factory tire sizes, you can see what other sizes are the proper fit.
    Tire size calculator
    2011 CT200h w/tech pkg. w/Navi (Cdn)-Fire Agate Pearl/black leather; sport pedals; sills; cargo mat; wallet key; 3M "chip guard" on hood, side sills, lower door and front part of roof; PIAA Xtreme White HB (H9); Hoen Xenonmatch Fogs (H11); Putco LED map, dome, vanity, hatch & license plate lights; Lexus LED fog lights; tinted windows (Llumar); Lexus car cover; Reflector sun shade; Rear bumper protector; Mud flaps; Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 snow tires, 3D front floor mats

My (Lexus) dealer recommended Hankook i cept evo for the 17" wheels (northern England, so we don't get snow anything like you guys in North America)
    2011 Mesa Red with pale interior
    UK Premium model - power seats, Nav, Mark Levinson stereo, LED headlamps
    Lateral dampers
    DAB radio

For US vehicles I wouldn't go smaller than Type B R16x6J rims, you may have issues with rotor clearances. Rotor sizes varies from market to market. Yes, smaller rims and taller tires will fit but there will be some degradation in the ride, i.e. "mushiness". P205/55R16 is a fairly popular size and the prices are competitive. I was going to do the same, i.e. ordering R16x6J rims and mount w/ Continental ExtremeWinterContacts and have tireRack pre-install with TPMS as well. All for USD1,076.
    Last edited by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhookah66; 09-27-2012 at 06:46 PM.

15x6.5 wheel is officially listed in the manual...

Quote Originally Posted by LeonLaiOnline View Post
    15x6.5 wheel is officially listed in the manual...
    Yes, pages 677/9 lists four types of tires that can be fitted to CT200h. These are generic tire/wheel specifications, one of them being 15x5.5J. But for specific fitment it is listed in the placard by driver's sill of your particular vehicle. The US and Canadian market vehicles are fitted with different brand of tire and wheel sizes. I am not familiar with European market CT's.

And yes, you will save money by going with smaller diameter wheels but at sacrifice of wall ratio. You have to "make up" for the wall height to retain the same circumferential diameter of the 0 size tire that you car was originally fitted with. Smaller diameter wheel equates to "taller" tires, which got certain riding characteristics that you may not like.

Go to tireRack website, they got a page which goes into detailed discussion of tire/wheel fitments, i.e. OEM 0 size, -1 (snow) size and +1 ("souped up") size tires and wheels, and appropriate offsets.
    Last edited by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhookah66; 10-01-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hookah66 View Post
    And yes, you will save money by going with smaller diameter wheels but at sacrifice of wall ratio. You have to "make up" for the wall height to retain the same circumferential diameter of the 0 size tire that you car was originally fitted with. Smaller diameter wheel equates to "taller" tires, which got certain riding characteristics that you may not like.
    Totally agree. For winter tire usage, and especially with deep snow, it's better to have a thicker wall. Or the rim will be easily be scratched with the ice on the road.

Check it out at Home - Discount Tire Direct, it shows the 15" wheel compatible with CT.

I have just bought a set of 205/55R16 Michelin Primacy Alpins on new alloys for the winter. My standard tyres are 17" but my mrs keeps scraping the wheels. Hopefully with a bit more tyre wall in the winter my new wheels may survice unscathed. BTW, Event Tyres were the best price I found too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)