New Injen Intake Installed - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Injen Intake Installed

Can you do a DIY guide on how to install the intake?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCrane View Post
    Can you do a DIY guide on how to install the intake?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    Anyone kind enough to post a DIY guide on how to install intake? Mine will be arriving soon.

will this void the warranty on the car?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Depends on what issue you are trying to cover under warranty coverage. Examples, If you have an electronics problem with you window motor, it probably won't affect it. If you have a problem with your O2 sensor or MAF calibration it probably will.
    2011Matador Red Mica CT Premium Black Nuluxe Interior with Custom Installed Sound, Navigation, Morimoto 55W 6000K HIDs, Xenon White 96-SMD LED fogs.

Race Red Focus ST, Smooth shifting 6-speed manual. Recaro black leather seats. 2 liter engine. Awesome power 252 Hp, 270 ft-lbs torque = 2,000-4,500 RPM. No turbo lag. Decent mileage, achieving 28 mpg overall rated 23/32. Interior space 23.8 cu ft cargo with all seats up. Audio, light years better than Premium CT. FUN FACTOR 10 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by crispywisp View Post
    will this void the warranty on the car?
    This is an automotive myth.

In order for the warranty to be void, the problem would have to be a result of the modification. The grey area is when you start dealing with performance parts on the powertrain. But, like Midcow said, if the issue being covered under warranty has no relation to the aftermarket part, then your warranty is still good.

They cannot void you entire warranty because you install an intake.

Blog Entries
    As asked before....any warranty probs w all that, looks great. I was told by my dealer that any aftermarket parts including windshields (mine cracked 8" at the top, when my wife closed the pass door) thankfully my dealer covered it but those badboys from lexus cost over a $1000 bucks. He told me if my insurance co would use an aftermarket windshield lexus will void my warranty. Be careful if u take it back to the dealer.

Blog Entries
    I'd be willing to bet that in the small print of the contract we all signed to buy these cars is a clause that gives LEXUS HQ the right to do anything they want in terms of warranty coverage and the voiding thereof for just abt any reason they see fit not least of which aftermarket parts. Especially electrical componants. LEXUS HQ is the judge/jury/executioner....bottom line....U lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by TPete19 View Post
    This is an automotive myth.

In order for the warranty to be void, the problem would have to be a result of the modification. The grey area is when you start dealing with performance parts on the powertrain. But, like Midcow said, if the issue being covered under warranty has no relation to the aftermarket part, then your warranty is still good.

They cannot void you entire warranty because you install an intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyk View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that in the small print of the contract we all signed to buy these cars is a clause that gives LEXUS HQ the right to do anything they want in terms of warranty coverage and the voiding thereof for just abt any reason they see fit not least of which aftermarket parts. Especially electrical componants. LEXUS HQ is the judge/jury/executioner....bottom line....U lose.
    Johnnyk,

Enjoy your unmodded Lexus CT200h and you will have no worries. However, there are a lot of issues your warranty still won’t cover!

I agree with TPete19 when he says “This is an automotive myth”. Lexus is like any other auto dealer, and even much more so (I’ll explain later). Selling you a car upfront is now where they make the most of their Money. All car dealers make a majority of their money during service and as I said Lexus even more so. Do you think those nice leather couches, the free coffee and latte’s and the free loaner cars are really free ? Why do you think Lexus service costs so much?

Also Lexus personnel are all salesmen/ saleswomen/ salespersons. Have you ever noticed Lexus doesn’t fix parts they replace them with new. Let’s say you have a modified part and Lexus thinks it caused the problem, they will gladly fix it for you and possibly but charge you more even, but not necessarily. Yes, “Mr. Customer we had to replace a xyz part, but your standard warranty didn’t cover that part anyway …”.

Bottom Line – Lexus wants to be your service provider, whether you have made modifications or not. They are NOT going to run you off to and ‘independent’ Lexus service provider and lose your revenue!!

Enjoy life, make you mods, personalize your car

YMMV,

MidCow3
    Last edited by midcow3; 07-30-2013 at 05:05 AM.
    2011Matador Red Mica CT Premium Black Nuluxe Interior with Custom Installed Sound, Navigation, Morimoto 55W 6000K HIDs, Xenon White 96-SMD LED fogs.

Race Red Focus ST, Smooth shifting 6-speed manual. Recaro black leather seats. 2 liter engine. Awesome power 252 Hp, 270 ft-lbs torque = 2,000-4,500 RPM. No turbo lag. Decent mileage, achieving 28 mpg overall rated 23/32. Interior space 23.8 cu ft cargo with all seats up. Audio, light years better than Premium CT. FUN FACTOR 10 out of 10.

Did anyone buy the air intake with a California legal carb sticker on it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)