Will Curt hitch receiver 112002 work on 2014 ct200h?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will Curt hitch receiver 112002 work on 2014 ct200h?

Will Curt hitch receiver 112002 work on 2014 ct200h?

Getting a new Ct tomorrow. Want to know about a trailer hitch working. Curt MFG tech people do not even know if the 2013 hitch they sell will work on the 2014 model. Has anyone added a hitch and wiring? Thanks for your help. Urgent!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

KDS
    Maybe I misunderstand but I was advised that the ct200 with a cvt is not suitable as a towing vehicle

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

True but for occasional hauling of light items on an aluminum trailer people are doing it. They sale hitches for the 2011 thru the 2013 models.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

If a Prius can tow, I'm sure a CT200 can tow. I saw a Prius with a Curt hitch. Must be similar to the one they make for the CT. I can't imagine the 2014 being that much different. Weren't all the differences rather superficial?

KDS
    Whilst a vehicle may be able to tow does not mean it should tow. In uk neither prius nor ct are "type approved" for towing. Meaning not only would doing so invalidate a warranty it is illegal to drive it on the road in that arrangement. Indeed any hitch would also need to be type approved. I still can't locate the reason for not being type approved - usually the manufacturer submits it. Someone out there will know why and tell us.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2 Tech's at Lexus feel sure the 2014 is the same as the 11,12, and 13. I guess I will order and see if it fits. Feel sure a mechanic can figure out the wiring also. The techs also said it should be the same. It truly does amaze me how a big company like Curt Trailer Hitch does not know and has not already tried one. They should have offered me one free just to try it for them. By the way got 46 mpg's on about 120 miles today at average speed of 72 mph. Twice my old RX 450H. Happy about something.

You will need a wiring harness adapter kit. This is the one you need, Curt 56099 it is plug & play,
    CURT Manufacturing 56099 T-Connector : Amazon.com : Automotive

Also because the car is low you will need the ball mount to have at least a 4 inch rise.

http://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mounts/Curt/C45014.html

The hitch bolts on with 4 bolts in about 30 minutes or less. I have one to carry my bike rack.
    Last edited by Clutchless; 03-19-2014 at 02:00 PM.
    2012 F-Sport Special Edition, Tungsten Pearl, Ocean Blue. Bulbzilla H11 to H9 harness and Philips H9 low beam bulbs, Visormates.

Quote Originally Posted by jalford999 View Post
    2 Tech's at Lexus feel sure the 2014 is the same as the 11,12, and 13. I guess I will order and see if it fits. Feel sure a mechanic can figure out the wiring also. The techs also said it should be the same. It truly does amaze me how a big company like Curt Trailer Hitch does not know and has not already tried one. They should have offered me one free just to try it for them. By the way got 46 mpg's on about 120 miles today at average speed of 72 mph. Twice my old RX 450H. Happy about something.
    let us know how it goes please, I need one for a bike rack.

Thanks

Installed the Curt hitch that fits the 2013 model today on my 2014 CT200h. No problem at all. Easy to install. Now if I can get someone to do my wiring harness. The geek squad at Best Buy said they would do it for me. Still waiting on the
    Curt 56099 to come in. Hope that work as well.
    Another note is I bought a mat liner for the rear that fit the 2013 model but it does not exactly fit my 2014 due to the audio speaker on the left rear side. Of course I can easily cut that extra piece off. Just a note that there were some changes from 2013 to 2014.

Update about Curt 56099 wiring harness. Hope to receive this week and get BestBuy to install. Just a note about who I ordered it from: AutoCare Depot. They had an ad on Amazon.com with the hitch receiver and wiring harness included. Wiring harness never came and AutoCare refused to refund me my money for it or even send me one. Anyway after numerous emails back and forth I got Amazon to step in and they will send me one at their expense. Guess AutoCare will no longer be selling thru them. Amazon stands behind there obligations. Good for Amazon and crap on AutoCare Depot.com.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)