Custom Subwoofer Enclosure to Replace Cargo Tray - HELP?!
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Custom Subwoofer Enclosure to Replace Cargo Tray - HELP?!

Custom Subwoofer Enclosure to Replace Cargo Tray - HELP?!

CT200h owners,

I have a base premium CT200h (subwoofer not included). I am thinking about building a custom subwoofer enclosure to replace my cargo tray. That way, I will not loose any trunk space. Has anyone done this? I would really appreciate any pictures or plans that I could get my hands on.

Does anyone know where the OEM subwoofer goes in the CT200h? Can I buy the OEM subwoofer enclosure anywhere?

Thank you very much for your help,

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I have a base stereo (now modified) and they made a subwoofer enclosure to replace the styrofoam tray which used to sit on top of the spare tire. I'll take some pics this weekend to show what they did....the car appears stock with nothing cut out in the area of the sub.

Hi,

Have you managed to upload those pictures emejay? I'm thinking of also adding a sub and would love to see some pics.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Custom Subwoofer Enclosure to Replace Cargo Tray - HELP?!-img_0011.jpgCustom Subwoofer Enclosure to Replace Cargo Tray - HELP?!-img_0012.jpgCustom Subwoofer Enclosure to Replace Cargo Tray - HELP?!-img_0013.jpgCustom Subwoofer Enclosure to Replace Cargo Tray - HELP?!-img_0014.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by syqosis View Post
    Hi,

Have you managed to upload those pictures emejay? I'm thinking of also adding a sub and would love to see some pics.
    Thanks for the reminder...I just went out and took a few pics. Hope they help you. Basically, the cut most of the styrofoam spacer and made a particle board box with the speaker facing down, then covered the top part with black carpet. It drops right in over the spare tire with a quick disconnect for the wire.

Custom Subwoofer Enclosure to Replace Cargo Tray - HELP?!-img_0018.jpgCustom Subwoofer Enclosure to Replace Cargo Tray - HELP?!-img_0016.jpgCustom Subwoofer Enclosure to Replace Cargo Tray - HELP?!-img_0019.jpgCustom Subwoofer Enclosure to Replace Cargo Tray - HELP?!-img_0020.jpgMore pics...

On the left side behind the small speaker grill...we had room for a custom 10" enclosure completely hidden behind the stock interior panel
    Custom Subwoofer Enclosure to Replace Cargo Tray - HELP?!-img_1009.jpg

emejay,

i also have the base stereo. how did you wire up the subwoofer on your base stereo?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffp View Post
    emejay,

i also have the base stereo. how did you wire up the subwoofer on your base stereo?
    I did it the easy way...I paid someone.
    I do know we retained the stock headunit, added two amplifiers (one specific to the sub, the other for the speakers in the front door...both under each front seat) and replaced all wiring with thicker wire, replaced the front door speaker with a tweeter and midrange. The speakers in the rear door are still stock, and functional, and they can be adjusted using the headunit front-rear fader. They sound absolutely awful so I fade them out. There is also a new volume control knob (mounted under the steering wheel column) which is specific for the subwoofer...It is handy as the best amount of sub varies whether using the CD vs. Sirius vs. iPod.

Msheppy, are you working on this still?

I am doing the same thing. Doing it myself. I plan to tie into the rear speaker wires coming out of the amp. Just putting a small amp and sub in the tray area. This project will take me a couple months. I plan to put all plans and installation pics on this forum if you are as slow as I am. Otherwise, can wait to see your pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Highvoltage23 View Post
    Msheppy, are you working on this still?

I am doing the same thing. Doing it myself. I plan to tie into the rear speaker wires coming out of the amp. Just putting a small amp and sub in the tray area. This project will take me a couple months. I plan to put all plans and installation pics on this forum if you are as slow as I am. Otherwise, can wait to see your pics.
    that would be very helpful!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now