installed hid ... - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: installed hid ...

yes. proper HID setup will have auto-leveling. which helps with hills, slopes and carparks.

the glare can piss people off.

2012 Ct200h edition.
    Black Paint with Work's Emotion XC-8 17" rims
    Average km/l: 19
    Notto Xenon lamps 5000K (Dead.)
    Philips Original 4200K 35W (I'm Back)
    Green is sexy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I've never understood how people are saying auto levelling will help with slopes, speedbumps etc. correct me if i am wrong, but the only way auto levelling will help is when you have a heavy load in the back, tilting the front up. I dont think the auto levelling responds fast enough or even large enough to help with speedbumps or slopes...

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

Quote Originally Posted by legrunt View Post
    I've never understood how people are saying auto levelling will help with slopes, speedbumps etc. correct me if i am wrong, but the only way auto levelling will help is when you have a heavy load in the back, tilting the front up. I dont think the auto levelling responds fast enough or even large enough to help with speedbumps or slopes...

Sent from my iPad using AG Free
    auto-leveling for works for both. loaded difference and non-loaded difference.

when loaded, it will be pointing lower. and it will still adjust the leveling based on speed, steering inputs and also incline.
    2012 Ct200h edition.
    Green is sexy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

HowStuffWorks "Self-leveling Systems and Future Headlight Technology"dditional info on auto-leveling. and why HID on Halogen housing is considered illegal.
    2012 Ct200h edition.
    Green is sexy.

So, you are saying that the auto levelling features works so fast and instantaneously that the beams will never go up past horizontal when you hit a speedbump?
    Sorry, that's getting a little out of my reality box to accept at the moment. I currently own a Civic Type R that has HID as standard with auto levelling, and I find that it works only in terms of additional load that lowers the back, thus raising the front. It will still point to the sky when I hit a slope or speedbump. Granted, this car is almost 5 years old, and maybe the technology has progressed way beyond that, but we shall see... (getting my CT at the end of the month, with LEDs and auto levelling)

The issue here is compliance with FMVSS subpart 108. All OEM must certify that their vehicles conform to FMVSS before they can be sold as a new vehicle worthy to travel in our highways which are governed by USDOT standards. There is a placard on the driverside of your CT by which Toyota Motors USA, Inc. certify all new vehicles sold in US conform to that Federal standards for that particular model year. Subpart 108 specifically deals with vehilce lighting: sealed beam, halogen lighting, HID w/ Xenon gas bulbs and more recently the LED's used as low/high beams. A leveling device is required if your vehicle is equipped with HID/LED lighting as main source of lighting for low/high beams and it must be OEM. All aftermarket HID conversion kits do not conform to FMVSS. You may argue until your face is blue, but if you ever encounter and get snagged by an eager and anal State trooper (they are well versed in the interpretation of Codified Federal Regulations more than your local municipal cops), you bet you will get a fat summons. This type of summons is also a moving violation so it gets reported to you insurance carrier as well.

Here in my home state of NJ, there is huge profileration of cars with aftermarket HID's, multitude of Kelvin colors, etc... But also our brave State troopers have gained notoriety in racial profiling drivers and targeting "ghetto" cars, whatever that means.
    Last edited by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhookah66; 09-06-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legrunt View Post
    So, you are saying that the auto levelling features works so fast and instantaneously that the beams will never go up past horizontal when you hit a speedbump?
    Sorry, that's getting a little out of my reality box to accept at the moment. I currently own a Civic Type R that has HID as standard with auto levelling, and I find that it works only in terms of additional load that lowers the back, thus raising the front. It will still point to the sky when I hit a slope or speedbump. Granted, this car is almost 5 years old, and maybe the technology has progressed way beyond that, but we shall see... (getting my CT at the end of the month, with LEDs and auto levelling)
    hi, it really depends on car manufacturer, i know audi's are auto-leveling every 0.5s. the lexus LS is doing around 0.3s.

your civic might not be adjusting every second thats why? especially if you hit the speed bump really quickly, there is no time to react.
    2012 Ct200h edition.
    Green is sexy.

Additional information on Auto-headlight levelling for Xenons / HID

How does Automatic Headlamp Levelling work? | Ask Pete
    2012 Ct200h edition.
    Green is sexy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)