How much do you like your CT 200h?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much do you like your CT 200h?

How much do you like your CT 200h?

Hello everyone,

I've been doing a lot of research on this vehicle, because I'm looking for a hybrid that has nice features and has some luxury options. This car seems to fit the bill , but they're a lot of mixed reviews and I'm curious why the resale value is so poor for this vehicle(three year old 2015 goes for about 20k now a days buts when it came out 3 years earlier it was about 32k). Basically my question is what are the pros vs cons such as the obvious high mpg 40-43 vs vehicle doesn't really accelerate well even in sport mode. Aslo anything that you like about the car or dislike would be helpful as well thanks.

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

What you said is definitely true. Good gas mileage, some luxury to it (although not as much as the higher end Lexus) but slow. My only other complaint is the stereo is freaking terrible. I did a considerable amount of work to mine and got it decent, but just decent. Still, for what it is and the reasonable cost it's a good value. Definitely has the Toyota quality as I haven't had any issues. It was perhaps a better option when it came out, now you can get a 2nd gen Volt for a reasonable amount and that offers you much more in my opinion with the 53 mile electric range and better tech options. Something to consider.

I love my 2012 Lexus CT200h. I got it back in Feb 2018 after my 2006 Kia Sedona die. Got it from a Lexus dealer where the used cars manager is a good friend of mine. It had 58K miles only and looks like brand new. Right now it has 65K miles and running fine. Like Leonard mentioned, the only complaint I have is the stereo. Mine came with Navi and 10 speakers system but either way I put a JL Audio external subwoofer and changed all the speakers with Infinity speakers. It took me no more than 8 hours to complete the whole audio system overhaul. I have pictures of everything and a good explanation of the process but I have tried several times to post them but every time I do, I get that the moderators have to check my post and looks like this forum have no moderators anymore...

Economical, low maintenance, quiet, some luxury, all the pluses noted above. You're have to be an audiophile, or want the advanced options in a nav/radio/music system, to find fault with the sound. Mine is perfectly adequate. Wish I had the nav unit with a better interface for radio and especially for navigating folders of music on USB... but I bought the car used, the best example I could find, and that was a compromise.

Bottom line: highly recommend.

Best thing I’ve ever done for myself or had someone buy for me rather lol was my 2013 CT yes the system is atrocious but that’s what the words “after market” are for I upgraded the sound system featuring a 15 inch cewin vega sub that actually runs off the factory battery 😊 not one issue changed break pads once since purchased in 2015 with 35k now 115k had a nasty front end collision 7k to fix 🏾🏾 got that done took my kids to Universal studios from Ohio filled up once so basically made it from Ohio to Orlando for roughly $48! Plenty of upgrades tires rims tints wrap maybe 5k on renovations to my “condo” as my aunt calls it love my boo my lex is like my dog since I’m not white 😆
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How much do you like your CT 200h?-c72220aa-2f39-4303-a247-68531b4fa25b_1558048177574.jpg   How much do you like your CT 200h?-535a6467-36a9-442b-9e8c-2cbee661c54a_1558048217712.jpg   How much do you like your CT 200h?-cad3ab15-7fed-4f90-b2eb-b35fa372219f_1558048238181.jpg   How much do you like your CT 200h?-fa7c451d-703e-4a21-a74d-07b50e18e671_1558048271045.jpg  

Everyone keep saying how bad the factory system is I wouldn’t know 🏾😆
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How much do you like your CT 200h?-6343ab8c-3005-429d-a30f-8c47fc55b446_1558048603139.jpg  

The longer I own this car the more Knick knacks I find about it. Before you buy, check the gap between the headlight and the hood on both sides to make sure it’s even. Many of them are not. Also check the backlighting behind the #7 on the RPM to make sure it’s not dimmer than the rest. Make sure your defrost button doesn’t get sticky. Check the rear cargo liner to make sure it’s not oozing oil like substance on the underside.

All these things all disappoint me as I discovered other ones have similar problems. Not what I expected from Lexus.

It is a fancy Prius but smaller and worse gas mileage. I love it but would not buy again. Not a good car for big and tall people nor families. Would be good for a commuter or someone who wants to have a good looking car and doesn't plan on having a family anytime soon. Honestly I would probably get a hybrid rave 4.

Well...... I looked at all kinds of cars when I bought Pearl new in 2012. This car has no problem cruising at 110 from Reno to Vegas and acceleration was no problem last night over Donner Pass in the Sierras. She won’t beat a Porsche off the line but she loves curves.

The hybrid system is pretty much a gimmick unless you are stuck in stop and go driving all the time. I get around 33 mpg.
    The engines burn oil over time which can blow up the engine.
    I bought the car as it is a hatch back corolla because hatch back corollas did not exist in the US.

Also, $20,000 for a 3 to 4 year old car = holding its value very well

Otherwise it is a decent car. Lots of room around the engine to do maintenance.
    You can fit 8 foot fence posts in it, so the hatch back adds utility.

After having the CT200h for years, I would have rather bought a Volt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)