Too Many Aggressive Tailgaters!
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too Many Aggressive Tailgaters!

Too Many Aggressive Tailgaters!

So what is the collective experience of ct200h members about tailgaters? Do people in Jeeps and pickup trucks and small POS cars just like to try to intimidate me in my ct200h because it has such a low roof? Because it's a Lexus and they resent it? or is it just me being overly annoyed by the fact that the car does sit low and so every 19 out of 20 cars' lights beam directly into my rear view mirror? It seems that on any day driving into work I'll pick up at least 1 tailgater who would love to just knock me off the road if they could! There have been a few instances where trucks have been literally within a foot of my bumper at a red light; so close it makes me want to put it in park, step out, and put a couple of .38 rounds into their radiator. Or worse (better?).I can tell you for a fact nobody gets that close to me in my F150 supercrew truck. I mean, WTF, does the ct200h invite this kind of attraction from some element of the deranged US driving public? In all of these cases I've been on short 1-2 mile stretches of 2 lane roads with traffic heavy enough that if they passed me they'd just be behind somebody else, with me behind them 60 seconds later at the next light. I drive the speed limit or 5 mph over usually.Yes, I know a-holes are everywhere but I'm just wondering if this car model in particular doesn't attract them. Other than that effin moonroof bar rattling around, this is the only real gripe I have with the car. And I've owned it for about 3 years now.Comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I don t get that impression around here.
    I only see impatient people accelerating hard like they were on a drag race. That makes me put it on eco mode and drive even slowly. By the way i only drive on the right lane(the fastest).
    Turning your rear view mirror down helps you with the lights and doing that when you can see his face, means he can see you too.

If that doesn't work, put it park ,go see how close it is scratching your gun in your back.

I hear you, I'm feeling the same, and I've only had it for 3 months. I came from a Miata, so that thing was way lower and smaller. But it was much faster, and I was usually going much faster on open roads. But for both cars, I leave 3 car length during bumper to bumper traffic. Impatient people are impatient, and will tailgate for no good reason other than lack of self-control. So there's no difference between the two in slow traffic.

I think part of the problem is that this car is incredibly slow. What other car's normal acceleration is equivalent to this' car's full power. So while you feel like you're accelerating off of a stop light at normal speed, you're really accelerating slower than normal traffic. I definitely felt it when I switch back to the Miata. A slight tap on the gas and I'm 35mph already, where it would've taken 8 seconds in the CT. A more direct comparison would be; in the Miata, I would usually leave the car behind in dust, and wonder why people accelerate so damn slow, when I barely accelerated; in the CT, I feel like I have to go full power every time because I don't want to hold up traffic behind me, because they're right up against me.

Quote Originally Posted by fiveainone View Post
    I think part of the problem is that this car is incredibly slow. What other car's normal acceleration is equivalent to this' car's full power. So while you feel like you're accelerating off of a stop light at normal speed, you're really accelerating slower than normal traffic.
    Yeah, this might be it. Come to think of it, I almost invariably switch it to Sport Mode to avoid the very problem you mentioned. That truly does make a difference, and in about 20 tanks of gas, I've noticed no difference in MPG. I didn't do real statistics on it, but just eyeballing my numbers it all looks the same. It would be nice if I could make the car transmission boot up in Sport Mode by default, but that's probably a dealer tweak, if it is even possible.

Lexus CT200h vs Lexus UX

I have had a very good experience with my 2015 Lexus CT200h, with mileage averging from the high 30s to the low 40s most of the time. However, I do find myself pining for a slightly larger vehicle with comparable mileage and all wheel drive. It seems like Lexus has accomplished that with the new UX. Has anyone had a chance to look at or test drive one yet? The reviews have been very positive, Interested in hearing from any CT200h drivers who are similarly thinking about moving up in size just one notch or so.
    Jim Panagas
    Proud Lexus owner from the Boston area

Mine is done up so I always get “haters” because it’s small and STILL a “Lexus” that most people don’t know about 🏾

I know exactly how you feel. The people in my area almost exclusively drive oversized suv's and jacked up trucks. (oil and gas workers) They usually have 6 wheel diesels and try their hardest to smog me out at every single intersection. They tailgate and practically run me off the road. They act as if I'm in a go cart and have no business there. So I went and got a dash cam. Get a good one that does front and back. That way you you have proof when something happens. In town I usually go the speed limit but what pisses people off is the fact I don't race into stop lights or stop signs. If it is red I will coast and charge up my battery. No need to wear the breaks out. Do carry though, there are some nut jobs out there. Also, I don't have any stickers or any other marks on the car that might butt hurt anyone. I hear people around here talk about other people as if they are trash simply because they favor a different sports team.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)